Are You Mad At Me

Start from the beginning

I lift my hands up from my lap and frown inwardly. My right hand is already starting to swell up and I hope it stops pretty soon. Ice needs to be applied to it quickly. I don’t need a swollen hand and especially not my right out of them both. I’m a righty, my life pretty much revolves around it; I eat with it, open things with it, write with it, hold things with it…you get where I’m going with it.

My ears perk up at the sound of footsteps and I don’t dare to look up. I already know it’s him and my thoughts were confirmed as Niall stood up from the bench and walked past my lowered head. I didn’t even bother listening in on their conversation. I just want to go home, take anesthetics, and sleep away.

I was completely zoned out that I didn’t even remember being in my car, in the passenger seat. Everything outside the window passed by in a blur. I looked away and held my hand up to my head in obscurity.

“Where are we going?” I say, almost incoherently but he manages to hear. I don’t even remember speaking to him. I have this feeling that he’s mad at me.

“To the hospital” he responds and I can’t figure out his tone.

“Please don’t” I practically beg. “My parents are leaving tomorrow and I don’t want to become a weight on their shoulders before they call off work”

I already know how my parents will react if they were to meet me at the hospital. They would automatically point the figure at Harry, especially my dad. He’d blame Harry, claiming that this would’ve never happened if I didn’t know him or say that’s he’s changing me. I don’t want to risk taking any chances.

“Just take me Gemma’s please, she’s in her third year of nursing. She should be able to help me just like the clinic” I sigh.

I don’t even want to go home tonight but I have too. I’ll just try to go home when they’re asleep or not there.

 They always seem to go out to dinner without me before they leave anyways.

*****

“What the hell happened?” Gemma exclaimed as she closed the door behind us, followed by a clicking sound.

Do I really look that bad?

Harry walked more into the apartment before placing me down on the couch gently. I thanked him and moved more back into the couch and rested my arm on the ledge as he took a side beside me. Gemma walked by with a sympathetic smile on her face and I smiled softly over at her.

It doesn’t even feel like Harry’s beside me since he’s so quiet and immobile. What’s wrong with him? It’s setting me on edge and I feel bad because I think I’m the reason for his behavior.

Gemma’s POV

I walk back inside my living room with my first aid kit and latex gloves on. This is my first time using this so I’m glad it’s being put to good use. I didn’t waste fifty dollars on these supplies for nothing.

I moved a seat in front of London and placed the container of supplies on the table beside me. Reaching my hand out, I lifted her chin up with the pad of my thumb and inspected her face; her right jaw looked like it was inflamed , a slightly swollen busted bottom lip, and a small cut on her right eyebrow. It’s good that a scab is already forming on her eyebrow, she must have a good platelet count.

“Harry, go get me two icepacks from the freezer please” I say while looking away from her and at him briefly. He nodded his head and got up from his seat. He looks bothered but at the same time he looks irritated? I’ll talk to him later.