Jump Baby

London’s POV

“So sweetie, do you have any plans this weekend? Well, for tomorrow, since it’s going to be Saturday?” my mom asked. I watched as she walked towards the sink and began washing the dishes. I look back down at my plate and shrug. I actually have no idea. This whole week was regular, spending most of my time home because I felt like shit. The good news is that I’m finally off! I can finally walk normal without feeling like something is stuck up my ass.

“I don’t think so, why?” I questioned. I took a sip of my glass as I waited for her response. A huge smile formed on her face, so I’m guessing that is was something good.

“Michael and Nicole are coming up from Florida, and they’re bringing Kelsey and Chelsea!” I grinned so wide. I haven’t seen them in over a year ever since they moved. Kelsey and Chelsea must be so big now, I can’t wait to see them.

“When were you going to tell me?” I asked while standing up from my seat. I walked over to the trashcan and scrapped the remains offs.

She faced me, “I wanted it to be a surprise but I didn’t want them to show up and you weren’t here. That would’ve sucked for me and for them”

I nodded understandingly towards her.

“Well thank god you told me because I have been dying to see my cousins. I’m going to steal them from Michael and Nicole” I smiled mischievously. I love kids.

“Good, because we were planning on going out with them. Maybe get some drinks and catch up” she explained before she turned the faucet off.

“What time are they going to stop by so I’ll be ready?”

“Sometime around noon” she guessed.

I pushed my chair back under the table before turning back towards her.

“Well, I’m going to go get ready for bed” I called to her and she nodded before saying goodnight.

******

As I stepped outside of the shower, I grabbed my towel and wrapped it around my body securely. I closed the shower curtain and step aside and go towards to the sink. I turn the water and brush my teeth quickly.

I bent down and grabbed all of clothing from the floor and opened the door. As I stepped foot outside the bathroom, the change in temperature was drastic. It felt like my room was 60 degrees, making me grip onto my towel tighter. I could feel the goose bumps starting to arise on my arms and legs. This towel was doing no justice whatsoever.

I rolled my eyes, it was probably my dad who turned temperature down. He’s always complaining about it being too hot and that he gets these “heat flashes”.  It should be my mom nagging, not him. I swear that he’s going through menopause or something.

“Damn, it’s so cold in here” I muttered while opening my drawer. I grabbed a pair of solid black leggings and an oversized Captain America shirt before turning around.

“Oh my god!” I screamed as the clothes fell from my grasp. And onto the floor. I backed up into my dresser, making some of the contents fall over onto the floor. My hand covers over my heart as I breathe in erratically.

“What the fuck is wrong with you!” I shrieked while eyeing Harry. He was hunched over in the corner of my room laughing hysterically. I was heating up by the second. He can’t be serious right now, I always had a heart attack because of him.

He walked over towards me and I narrowed my eyes at him. I could see the hint of humor in his eyes and in his facial expression as he stood in front of me.