Chapter 7 - Letting You Go

Zoe

November 21, 2018
1:30am

I stood by the shore of the Brighton beach. Me and Alfie loved the smell of the sea. We have a lots of precious memories here. Forcing my boyfriend to come down to the beach at 1am, chilling eating fish and chips or the amazing boho gelato are some bits of it. I wiped a tear crawling down my cheek. The wind is gushing my hair but I didn't mind, I only stared far away. The calming sound of the waves makes me want to close my eyes and imagine myself floating in the middle of the sea although I might have to open my eyes because the idea of drowning surrounds me.

It's sun down and how I wish I could've shared this scenery with him. I remember how he used to always rant about British weather as if he's not used to it. I remember how a bit of sun makes you happy. I remember how cold he'd get coming home from a holiday or an event outside UK. And it hurts to stand here alone with pieces of polaroid photos I captioned which he absolutely hated but I know he thought they were cute.

Leaving my flip flops on the pebbles, I stood with my bare feet on the sand letting the waves touch my feet. I bent down and let go of a photo of us being silly pulling a weird face during a cosy night wearing Christmas jumpers. I wrote "From A to Z" at the bottom.

I bent down again to let go of two other photos. This time a photo taken by Sean of Alfie kissing my forehead as I was ignoring him and playing Pokemon Go. It has a caption "You're my favourite Pokemon." And the other one also taken by Sean on a different day actually, I was hugging Alfie from behind while he was busy playing Pokemon Go and it was captioned "Caught the rarest Pokemon".

He absolutely hated these because of the cheesiness but he wrote the first one, "You're my favourite Pokemon." and sticked the photo on the bathroom mirror because I was genuinely pissed off of his addiction to Pokemon which we argued about the night before.

And lastly our last polaroid which he captioned himself. It was a photo of Alfie proposing down on his knee that magical night. He wrote "It was always you." Which was most probably the cheesiest line you could ever hea from Alfie Deyes.

I'm finally letting you go Alfie Deyes.

I watched those polaroids set off far away. The waves gently taking them further. My sweet Alfie, I hope you're happy where you are. I was hard accepting you were gone but ever since that day at the memorial park you didn't show up anymore. I touched my engagement ring and all the tears I was holding back just started to make it's way out. From now on I'm accepting that you're gone, I cant imagine how cold this Christmas will be.

Good-bye.

I love you Alf.

From A to Z.

--

Author's Note:

Too much cheesiness I know. Not likely their characters but hey, perks of being the author.

Been super busy lately. I just dont want to give you uneffort-ed updates and I swear I'll make this story good one. Still a long way to go though, got lots of things planned out.