Chapter 6 - Give Me Back My Alfred

Zoe

August 9, 2018
3:21am

We rushed to the hospital to see my fiancee. I'm too tense I might have a panic attack but not now Zoe, Alfie needs you. We marched to the room where they said Alfie was. There he was, my angel laying at the hospital bed. I quickly held his hand and kissed it.

"Alf.. Alfie.. It's okay you can wake up now, Im here" I said with a shaky voice. I can't believe this is happening.

"Alfie.. Wake up now, we have to go home.. I will cuddle you all night yeah?" I said starting to cry. I got no response. Alfie is in deep sleep. I start to shake him a bit and call his name but he  isn't waking up. He's still alive, I can still see his heart beating on the screen. My poor Alfie, I covered my mouth in surprise to see his wounds and bruises and his bleeding head wrapped with bandage. Hearing his heartbeat trhough the machine and the sight of tubes connected to his body gave me pain.

My brother was crying behind us. Everyone else was. The others are in Marcus' room and those who decided okay follow were here as well. Alfie's in critical condition. I hugged Joe. Thank God my brother is okay. I wouldn't know what to do if two of my special boys are both asleep in hospital beds. Joe recieved a couple of injuries too but he wasn't as badly hurt as Alfje or Marcus. I hugged Joe tight, his bruises, scratches and wounds showed but were already treated. He had a broken arm which now had been covered in cement. He cried on my shoulders and kept repeating the words "I'm sorry." I kept saying it's alright. We still have hope, Alfie's still alive.

9:34am

I woke up from a dream that repeated a scenario that day. I was crying in my sleep. I woke up and felt Alfie hugging me. I sobbed and hugged him back tight, he must've woke up by what I did. He moved and looked at me with sleepy eyes.

"Gorgeous what's wrong?" he asked

"I had a bad dream.. about the accident.." I said while my face was buried on his chest. He wore that white vest and it smelt just like him. He said nothing and kissed me on my forehead instead.

Later On That Day

"Zoe, get dressed. I'll take you somewhere." Joe said as we finished dinner.

"What? No Joe. I'm not going." I said while standing up ready to march up to my bedroom.

Is he serious right now? I haven't stepped out of this house for nearly months and he expects me to get dressed and ready to leave.

"It concerns Alfie." He said plainly amd almost bitterly. The thought of my fiance changed my mind. Were we going to see him? I said  no word and walked upstairs. Got changed to slightly more decent clothes acceptable outside. I washed my face and didn't put any make up but I did tie my hair. My hair has gone long, as long as it was before back in 2013. Blonde tips are still visible while the rest is my natural brown hair since I never bothered to get it coloured. My skin on its natural state possibly worse.

Joe drove my car. The whole journey was silent. I did ask a lot of questions but he answered nonsense. After a while, we reach this memorial park. I felt anger towards Joe.

"Are you stupid?!" I hit him just after he turned off the engine.

"Im visiting someone!" He said getting off the car.

I didn't plan to go outside too but I tought some air would be nice. I followed Joe inside and things just happened quickly as I saw Alfred Sydney Deyes' stone. I got down on my knees and gently touched the carvings on the stone. My little angel.

I cried and pressed my cheeks against the stone. With my eyes blurry, I see figures of people gathering around Alfie's... Alfie's grave. It's Amanda, Alfie's mum. She cried as she saw the sight of me while Nick gently hugged her. I also can see my mum crying with her handkerchief on her hand. I feel Poppy patting my back.

"My poor Alfie." I sobbed

"He's not under there! You're lying! This is fake! Who did this!?" I said yelling and screaming

I want to believe this isn't real. But it is. It's infront of me. Alfie's actually gone. Give me back my Alfred.

--

Author : Sorry it took a while.