Chapter 1 - My BFF Ruined My Chocolate World

Start from the beginning

"Of course it is. I must have been a horrible husband," he muttered, burying his face in his hands, guiltily.

"Or maybe you weren't. Maybe she was just a bitch and wasn't worthy for your love. Tell me, did you ever shout at her? Hit her? Scream at her?" I tried to get as much as information as I could, that way I can tell him that he's wrong.

"Never," he replied back without any hesitation.

I could understand why he opened up to me so much. It's easier to tell your problems or to talk about the things you've done which makes you feel guilty to a stranger. Because you know you might never meet them and give them an opportunity to judge you.

"Then you weren't a bad husband. Stop blaming yourself for it. It's not your fault. You still have half of your life left and I don't want you to waste it for some lady who didn't deserve you. Is there anything else that I should know?" I questioned just to make sure that I wasn't missing out on some important information.

"No," he answered, thinking about it. Not fully convinced, I see.

"Think about this: Are you really gonna end your life because of just some lady who didn't left you for someone else?" I asked, leaning front.

"You cannot understand how it feels when no one cares about you. When you have no family," he spoke with resentment clear in his voice, which was now slowly raising.

"Trust me, I do," I spoke calmly. And no, I wasn't lying, unfortunately. What he was going through is something I've experienced once in my life.

It wasn't fun.

"Then you must know that it isn't easy," he spoke, kinda harshly I must add. He didn't look like he believed me.

"It wasn't. But when did I say that life's easy? Life is considered a gift as well as a challenge," I said, leaning back against the chair.

He nodded, agreeing. Almost everyone agrees with this. I mean when has life been all strawberries and no lemon?

Never. As soon as you escape one damn problem, the other shall prepare itself to come at you. It's kinda funny, you know? We basically spend our whole lives just trying to escape all these complications in our life that we barely get some time to really live it.

But that's just me, isn't it?

"I understand. Is there anything I can do to get rid of such thoughts?" James asked, a little more calmer now.

"Well, in my opinion, I think you should take a break. Try to get your mind off these things which bother you. Think about the happy moments in your life and try creating some. And you know that you can have a chat with me whenever you want to." I said with a reassuring smile.

"Thank you Dr.Walkers. I'll consider that. You seem to know just the way to make me feel better." He said, as he got out of the chair he's been sitting on since the past hour.

"Isn't that what my job is?" I asked, jokingly.

"Well, yeah. And also thanks for not judging me on my thoughts." He spoke with honesty lacing his tone.

"Anytime." I said, and my last patient of the day left with a smile.

I sighed. Of course it felt good to know that you just made someone's life much happier than before, but at the same time, it can be exhausting.