Chapter 1

C H A P T E R  O N E

[EMERALD GREEN]

I heard voices. Voices that are unfamiliar to me. Madami sila base sa aking naririnig. Voices with different accent and tone. Teka, nasaan ako? Am I dreaming? Buhay pa ba ako?

I tried moving my fingers but it doesn't respond. Tila bang isa akong hayop na nakakulong sa isang kulungan. I can't move my body and I can't even speak just one word! I'm trapped!

The voices I heard suddenly went silent. Is it gone? Anong nangyari at nasa ganito akong sitwasyon? The last time I remembered ay nasa loob ako ng sasakyan. Me and my friends were partying and... wait a minute. That's right! Nabangga kami ng isang truck!

Wait... so it means that I'm really dead. But why am I still hearing voices? Is this a sign that this is my last farewell to them? My family, friends including myself? Ito na ba?

"Oh my! Buhay po siya!" Sigaw ng isang matinik na boses which I guess is a lady.

Buhay pa ako? But I thought...

Oh wait... my senses are coming back.

Dahan-dahan kong inimulat ang aking mga mata. When I finally opened it, the first thing I saw was a bright white light. Nasisinagan ako. Ang sakit sa mata.

"Call the doctor right now! One of the patients are coming back to its senses." Sigaw muli ng matinik na boses.

As soon as I recover my eyesight. The first thing I saw was a room. Not my room but a hospital room. Oh great. I'm here again. But my friends! Paano na sila?! I can't just leave them behind like that! I need to see them. Nasaan sila?!

I tried my best to stand up but even flinching my back is like a thousand knives hitting my body. Ang sakit!

"Hey, easy. Kaka-opera mo palang."

I looked at the person standing right next to me. Pssh. It's my cousin. Daniel Green.

"Anong ginagawa mo dito?! I need to see my friends!" I tried to go down the bed but Daniel interrupt me from doing it.

"Hindi ako papayag. Kakaopera mo palang tapos ito agad ang gagawin mo?! Think of yourself first, Emerald! Muntik na kayong mamatay dahil sa kagagawan ninyo!"

And that stun me like hell. Of course, just because of that stupid break of my car none of this would happen! Kung hindi na sana namin tinuloy ang paglalakbay. Mabubuhay pa kaya kami?

"Yes, mabubuhay sana kayo ngayon kung hindi ninyo tinuloy. Pero ang titigas ng mga ulo niyo!"

"Stop reading my mind will 'ya? It's not even your business!" I brush his arms off my body. I can't with this guy! He's not even a part of our group!

"Yes it is my business. What must happen to you is my responsibility. I promised to your father that I won't let anything happen to you. Pero tila yata ayaw mo mag-cooperate. Look what happened Emerald! None of this would happen if you just denied their request!"

"Will you shut up!!" Then a wave of white energy suddenly burst out of my body. Hitting Daniel to the wall.

"I won't shut up if this is the only way to make you realize to grow up." He stood up even though his body was aching because of what I did to him. At may enerhiya pa siyang tumayo?! After all I did to him to shut up. How great of a cousin he is.

The door suddenly burst open when I was about to shout to him, the doctor finally arrived at dali-daling kinuha ang aking mga vital signs.

Meanwhile at the back of the doctor and nurses assisting me, there was a figure of guy that I loathed the most.