I suck in a breath. "So..."

She gets out of her chair and tackles me in a hug. "Michael, I'm so sorry."

"It's my fault. I'm the one who should be sorry," I pull back to look at her. Is that a tear in the corner of her eye. "Hey, don't tear up," I wipe it and pull her on my lap for another hug. 

"I thought we weren't going to be friends anymore," she tells me, letting the another tear fall. "I thought that you were going to be so mad at me that you weren't going to talk to me again. I was scared," she cries and looks away.

"Babe, don't cry. I don't ever want to see you sad," I tell her, putting a finger on her cheek to make her look at me. Images from our sixth grade moment flash back. Now I'm the reason she's crying. 

"I don't know if these are happy or sad," she smiles with tears falling around her mouth. "I don't cry enough to know," she laughs a broken laugh.

"I think I've only ever seen you cry once," I tell her.

"The day you gained the reputation of the guy who uses the girls restroom," she smiles, remembering. "That's probably the last time I cried," she says.

"What a terrible day," I laugh at it.

"I hope you plan on keeping that promise; to slap me if I stop being your friend," she says quietly. "You're my best friend Michael," she hugs me again. Her tears forming in the corners.

"I know. You're my other half," I smile weakly at her. The words sting because we're both interpreting it in different ways. I thought I was going to be done being the servant? Michael, we all knew that wasn't true. I think deeply to myself. Seriously man. She's sitting her on your lap.. I don't care. I'd rather have her close than mad and gone. Her head on my shoulder breaks me from my thoughts. 

"I'm glad we aren't mad any more," she says.

"Me too," I sigh. "Me too."

"Let's go do something," she hops off my lap and pulls my hand with her.

"Like what?" I ask with a smile. She looks like an overly excited child. 

"Anything," she throws her arms out to prove it .

I think about it for a minute. What could we do? I got it. "We cou-" I'm cut off by my phone ringing. I put up my finger to tell her to hold on. It's my mom.

"Yes mummy," I laugh.

"I need you to come to work and help me with this project we're doing."

"Project? You're a sales chick. Why would you need me?"

"We're going to make a test commercial and I want you to sing the song in the background."

"Really? Me..?" I'm surprised.

"Yes," she laughs. "Bring your guitar too," she adds.

"When do I need to get there?" 

"Can you come right now? We're trying to hurry," she says. 

"Yeah, that's fine," I say, slightly disappointed.

"Thanks , honey," she hangs up.

"Did she need something?" Hope asks.

"Yeah, I have to go down and help her for a while. You wanna come?" I offer.

"No," she shifts on her feet. "I better not. It's your mom's work."

"It'll be okay. She won't care," I tell her.

"It's okay, we can do something later this week," she smiles at me.