Chapter 23 - Snapped Like A Twig

That morning before I left for school, I was flicking through the TV channels. 

"Aiden Devron, member of The X Boys, has been a victim of a horrific car acci-" I flick to another channel. 

"A terrible car accident has left music star Aiden Devron in critical condi-" I turn the TV off, rubbing my temples. 

I knew that I would eventually have  to go back to school. I made sure that the hospital would call me if Aiden wakes up.

I mean, when he wakes up. 

I'm sitting in my room now with Alex. doing homework. I put my pen down and rub my temples. 

"You look frustrated and stressed out," Alex points out, not looking up.

"You're not even looking at me," I comment.

"I don't have to. I know you well enough," Alex says, finally looking at me. 

"It's just.. the work, what happened with Aiden, the shoots and that stupid disguise," I say. "It's hard to keep it all up sometimes." 

"That's why I think we should do it on Monday," She says.

"That's four days away, I think.. it'll be better by then. If I work non stop for two days," I say, my voice dripping with sarcasm. 

"Well I'm ready so I'll be there right next to you when you are," Alex says, going back to her chemistry assignment. 

I nod and go back to reading for a History exam. 

------

In the morning, I get a lift from the boys to go to school. I think they notice that I'm a bit quiet but they decide not to question me about it. 

When I go to my locker in the morning, I open it and a bunch of pieces of paper fall out. 

I pick one up and read it. 

Ugly slut. 

Dumb bitch. 

Go die. 

And many other hurtful notes like that. I bite back tears, grab all of the letters and shove them into the bin. I look up to see Candice and her squad laughing and pointing at me, a big crowd forming behind her. People have their phones out and are snickering to each other. I grab my books and slam my locker shut, walking to my next class. 

I walk into Chemistry. I see Alex give me a small smile and a little wave. I go over and sit next to her. 

I can tell that she can tell that I'm a mixture of hurt and angry. She gives me an apologetic look and then the teacher walks in. 

"Hello class! Today, I will be switching your seats and your lab partners. Now it will be in alphabetic order so arrange yourselves into that order. A's down the front and Z's up the back." He says, sitting at his desk and opening his laptop. 

The class groans and starts to move around. I move to about the second row from the back, next to a quiet girl and a football player. I can already tell that this is going to be a long class. 

The guy I'm next to sits down and smirks at me. Except it's a cold smirk, like he's going to do something bad. 

I mentally groan. 

Before I know it, the guy had brought a can of Coke out of his bag. He places it on the table and then knocks it over completely on purpose. Spilling all of the Coke on my work and papers. 

The teacher stops writing on the board and everyone looks over to see what happened. 

"Oops," Is all the guy says before high fiving his friends while laughing.