Chapter 3: Discussion

Start from the beginning

As expected her son was there, Gravon. He was a gravity dragon that was very self-confident, although after Silver had defeated him in a clash about a week before the battle he had been quieter then usual, and had withdrawn. A number of other rarer dragons were there that Raize didn't recognise. There was one dragon there that surprised him however. Zepos, a lightning dragon that was in love with his sister, Silver.

"We are discussing what to do next," stated Gravon with an annoyed sigh.

"No, we are going to figure out how to rescue Silver," said Zepos with a snort.

"If we can," added Iraliene, sending a small glare in the lightning drake's direction.

"Okay," Raize said, joining the circle with Retrix, it now made sense why both Zepos and him had been asked to come. Being her brother, they assumed he wanted to rescue her. He sat down, curling his tail behind him, wondering what sort of plans and ideas they already had.

"Why is it so important we do this anyway?" asked Gravon with a snort, "We're weakened as it is, and we have no idea where she is being kept. But we can assume she is heavily guarded, after the effort they took to capture her."

"Yes," spoke a dark dragon, "No offence to you, Zepos, but she is one dragon. Though she may be the only one of her kind she isn't worth the lives it would take to rescue her once again."

"Yes she is!" growled Zepos, "She's done a lot for Sky Mountain, risked her life for this place. Why would we not risk our lives to rescue her?"

"Because to do so would be death! We cannot afford to loose many more of our numbers! As Gravon has so rightly stated, we are weakened, and in trying to rescue her we would likely loose more dragons then we save," said another dragon, a life male that was around thirty years old.

"You don't know that. We could... we could attack the base where she is being held and rescue the dragons there. I'll go with the attack force. I know how to get the devices off," argued the lightning drake, glancing almost desperately toward Retrix and Raize, "You two would come as well right? Raize's equilibrium would destroy them."

All the dragons glanced toward Raize at once. He looked over them, seeming overly calm, "I'm sure I could. But we don't know whether they have more of those weapons that could defeat me. What would happen then?"

Zepos opened his mouth to reply, then closed it again not thinking of a suitable response. He was right after all.

"We're going about this the wrong way," Retrix spoke up now, gaining their attention, "What we need to do is find out which A.O.D.H base she is in around the world, then monitor that base. When she is sent out from there then we attack and rescue her. We don't need to risk our lives trying to destroy anything else. It'll be quick and easy."

"I wouldn't go that far, young Retrix," Iraliene spoke this time, "I doubt they would let her be freed again so easily. If she is even sent out for any reason they won't be sending her alone."

"Yes, but as long as she's out in the open it would be relatively easy. I could simply tackle her into the void and bring her to a place where a lightning dragon could get the device off her head," he replied with a shrug of her wings, "No one would be risking their lives."

There was silence for a moment around the circle as the dragons considered what he had said. One by one they nodded their heads in agreement. It was a good idea.

"There's only one problem with that," Raize spoke up, "How do we know they will send her out?"

"Why wouldn't they?" snorted Zepos, "She's a excellent fighter and could easily capture dragons for them."