xix. Of Gods and Goddesses

Start from the beginning

Diana rolled her eyes at how untrusting they were but said nothing because she knew she acted the same in a majority of situations. It wasn't long before they arrived at the helicarrier and escorted Loki to his temporary cell.

★★★★

"How desperate are you? You call on these lost creatures to defend you," Loki said to Fury. He had gone down to his containment cell to confront the god about his intentions. The man with an eye-patch stood on the other side of the glass, glaring at the Asgardian.

Steve, Thor, Natasha, Bruce and Diana were gathered around the conference table in the heart of the helicarrier, listening to Fury and Loki's conversation over the containment's surveillance live feed.

"How desperate am I? You threaten my world with war. You steal a force you can't hope to control. You talk about peace and you kill cause it's fun. You have made me very desperate. You might not be glad that you did," Fury said to the Asgardian who sat in a reinforced cell.

"Ooh. It burns you to come so close. To have the Tesseract, to have power, unlimited power. And for what? A world for all mankind to share, and then to be reminded what real power is," Loki spat at the man with one good eye.

Fury smirked and replied, "Well let me know if 'real power' will want a magazine or something."

Once the live footage ended, Bruce spoke out with a mocking tone, "He really grows on you, doesn't he?"

"Loki is going to drag this out," Diana said, placing a hand to her forehead in frustration.

"So, Thor, what's his play?" Steve asked the blonde god.

"He has an army called the Chitauri, that none of Asgard nor any world know of. He means to lead them against your people. They will win him the earth. In return, I suspect, for the Tesseract," Thor explained to the people around the conference table. Diana sighed, glancing at Agent Hill, who entered their conversation, standing beside Diana, who was seated.

"An army," Steve said, not able to comprehend the new information, "From outer space."

"So, he's building another portal," Bruce concluded at the thought. "That's what he needs Erik Selvig for."

"Selvig?" Thor asked, unaware that Loki had taken him. His eyes flickered in Diana's direction, upset she hadn't told him. Diana gave him a sympathetic look in return.

"He's an astrophysicist," Bruce responded.

Diana shook her head at his statement and clarified to them, "He is a friend to us."

"Loki has him under some kind of spell, along with one of ours," Natasha said to Thor.

Diana knitted her eyebrows in frustration, remembering the information she had read about Clint Barton being compromised. Clint was a very good friend to Diana, although the two did not see each other as often, he would always be a friend to Diana and she to him.

"I wanna know why Loki let us take him," Steve informed the people around him. "He's not leading an army from here."

"I don't think we should be focusing on Loki. That guy's brain is a bag full of cats, you could smell crazy on him," Bruce said, causing Thor to take a threatening step towards him.