7

As soon as we leave the apartment, Joji takes my hand, lacing his fingers with mine. We walk down the streets of Brooklyn. After a minute or so, he starts to gently trace the back of my hand with his thumb. Although this is such a small gesture, it is a sweet one, and it leaves me blushing like crazy.

NYC is definitely breathtaking, but it is very crowded. We both weave our way through swarms of people on the sidewalk. He protects me by keeping me right by his side. After about 10 minutes of walking, I start to grow impatient.

"Are you sure we went the right way?" I ask him, still holding his hand.

The tall man looks down at me and flashes an adorable grin. I swear, his smiles are contagious.

"Yeah, I'm sure. It's about a block away." Joji tells me, giving my hand a squeeze.

I nod and we continue to walk down the block in silence, as the rest of the city roars with sound. I guess I will have to get used to all of the noisy taxis.

Suddenly, Joji stops walking. He lets go of my hand and turns to face me. I look at the store that we were in front of and notice that we aren't at Starbucks.

"C'mon, lets go inside." He urges, once again grabbing my hand.

"This isn't Starbucks, Joji." I inform him, but by the smug look on his face, I can tell he already knows that.

"Why would I take you out to get shit coffee? Babe, this place is much better. Trust me, you'll like it." He tells me, but I can't help but notice that he called me 'babe'.

"Babe?" I ask. He responds with a smirk and a shrug, and then pulls me forward by my hand. I roll my eyes and say, "Alright. But I only brought my Starbucks card, so I'm afraid I don't have any money, babe."

"I'll pay." Joji states, laughing and dragging me into the cafe. I open my mouth to protest, but before I can, he says, "Don't worry about it. What kind of coffee do you want?"

I scan through the chalkboard menu and decide on a mocha. Joji orders and I thank him. He asks me where I want to sit, and I sit down at a small table in the back, with a window on the wall next to it. A few minutes later, he returns with our coffee, carefully placing the glass mugs down. He takes a seat in the chair across from me, but not before kissing me on the cheek.

"You're so cute." I admit shamelessly, earning a chuckle from him.

"You're so hot." He replies, making direct eye contact with me. I look down, my cheeks turning red.

"I make you blush, huh?" Joji questions, tilting my chin up so I am looking at him. I shake my head and distract myself with my coffee.

Taking a sip of the warm drink, I close my eyes and moan at the delicious taste. "Okay, you were right, this coffee is pretty good." I open my eyes to see him still staring at me.

"Good enough to make you moan?" He asks, tilting his head to the side.

"Yes, actually." I shoot back, smiling as he tries his coffee as well.

"Fuck, harder!" Joji moans, earning a few looks and laughter from me. I ask him where we are going tonight and he tells me its a surprise.

"Um, is it a date?" I then ask him.

"Do you want it to be?" He responds as he runs his hand through his hair. I nod shyly and finish my coffee.

"Then it's a date." He confirms, finishing his coffee as well. I thank him again and we leave the cafe. This time, I take his hand. In response, Joji looks down at me and kisses my forehead.

"You know what?" I start, "I only know 3 people in New York. That's kind of sad."

He laughs and responds, "Want to meet my friends then?"

"If they're cool with that." I say, smiling up at him. I love how tall he is. We reach the apartment building and enter the elevator. Joji shoves his hand into his pocket and pulls out his phone, quickly texting someone.

"Want to meet them tomorrow night?" He asks me, scratching his facial hair.

"Whatever you want." I hum, playing with my fingers.

"Whatever I want?" Joji asks. The elevator reaches the 3rd floor.

"Whatever you want." I repeat softly, making eye contact with him.

"Hmm." He whispers, getting closer to me. I can feel my heart beat faster and faster. A second later, he moves my hair to one side of my neck and starts kissing my jaw. I moan softly as he reaches my neck, then just under my ear. I grip his dark hair and tilt my neck so he has better access. He kisses me painfully slow, teasing me successfully.

"Joji." I state, pulling away from him.

He frowns and removes his hands from my waist. "What's wrong?" He whispers.

"I want you here." I tell him, pointing to my lips. He responds by shoving his lips onto mine. One of his hands tangles into my hair, while the other is, well, on my ass. Just as things start to get heated, the elevator door opens.

"Get a room." I hear Ethan say, and I immediately detach from Joji and look at my friend who is standing outside the elevator. I blush and touch my lips, which are tingling.

Joji ignores his comment and states, "She is meeting the boys tomorrow. I told them to be normal, but you never know what they are going to do."

"Alright man." Ethan replies, and he winks at me as I enter the lobby. I roll my eyes at him just before the elevator closes. So now both Ethan and Hila know. Hopefully they don't tell Bellamy.

"I believe we have unfinished business." Joji whispers, pressing his chest to my back.