Chapter One

A\N:
The POV switches back and forth between John amd Sherlock. All the odd numbered chapters are John. And the even are Sherlock,

I wake up to Sherlock screaming, and I roll over to look at the clock. Three A.M. I sigh, and lay staring up at my ceiling. I should get up and make sire he's okay, but I don't want to upset him further. I begin to drift off, when I hear a deep voice come from my doorway.
"John, is it alright if I sleep in here tonight... please?"
I am taken aback, Sherlock has never said please before. Nor has he showed that he was afraid.
"Yes." I say finally, scooting over to make room.
I feel his warmth beside me, but I try not to think about it.
"Thank you."
I roll the opposite way from Sherlock, closing my eyes again. I listen to Sherlock's breathing, trying to fall asleep. I find it hard, knowing hes there.
After a half hour, Sherlock speaks. "You asleep John?"
"No, are you?"
This gets a chuckle out of him, and I smile. Its on rare occasions I get to hear him laugh.
"So, what were you dreaming about, eariler?" I ask.
Sherlock doesn't awnser, causing me to believe he fell asleep. I roll towards him, and take in a deep startled breath when I see him staring at me. We hold eachothers gaze in a suprise staring contest. I notice how his multicolored eyes are just a solid dark blue. Theyre beautiful, honestly.
"It was just a bad dream, I don't remember it." Sherlock says, but I know he is lying.
I dont push him farther, though. No need to make him angry this time of morning.
I nod to show him I understand, and them I stare up at the ceiling. I think about how when we were looking into each others eyes, I had butterflies, and, I am almost certain, Sherlock was blushing, although it was impossible to tell in the dark room.
After a little while, I hear Sherlock's breathing even out. He's asleep. Im glad, these past few days he hadn't slept much, which caused him to be in a bloody terrible mood. He also hadn't ate much, which wasnt an unheard of thing. But still, he had grown noticeably thinner.
After a while, I drift off to sleep.
-------------------
"John?" I wake up, hearing Mrs. Hudson's voice.
"John I was wondering if---" She stops short when she sees Sherlock.
"Oh, sorry, I've woken you. I'll be back later."
I don't try to stop her, still uncertain as to why she was so taken aback. Sherlock and I used to have to share a bed.
I lift my head slightly and realize that Sherlock had his arms wrapped around me. My back was pressed against his chest, and our legs were intwined. I didn't mind, not really. But I needed go get up and see what Mrs. Hudson needed.
I move carefully, as to not wake up Sherlock. This was most likely the most sleep he'd gotten in days.
I walk downstairs and see Mrs. Hudson making tea.
"You needed something, Mrs. Hudson?" I ask.
"Just was wondering if you had tea I could borrow, dear." She says, sweetly.
"Oh, well, alright then. I see you found it." I reply.
She goes about making her tea, and I my morning coffee. We work in silence until she speaks.
"So, you have finally came to terms with your sexuality?" She asks casually.
"I- uh.. Mrs. Hudson, Im not gay." I reply.
She mumbles a "mhmm" making my face red with embarassment.
"Well, I'm going to go back over to my flat now." She says.
I walk back upstairs with my coffee, and sit on the edge of my bed. I watvh Sherlock sleep. To some this may be creepy, but they haven't lived with him. He's a high functioning sociopath, and never looks peaceful or comfortable. But when he is asleep, its like there is nothing on his mind. He seems like he is for a moment, at rest.
"John, how long have you been watching me?" Sherlock asks, his eyes still closed.
"Not long." I say.
Sherlock smiles a slight bit. "Sleep well?" He asks.
"Yes, and you?"
"Delightful." He replies, and surprisingly, he isn't being sarcastic.
I make my way downstairs again, turning on the telly. Sherlock takes a shower and comes down, his hair still wet.
"How about we go out for brunch?" He asks.
"Uhm yeah. Okay."
Sherlock grabs his coat and scarf, and I my shoes. We walk down the stairs, and Sherlock gets us a cab. He gives the driver an adress.
"Where are we going?" I ask him.
"To a diner." Sherlock says with a smirk.
"I know that! I mean, what diner?"
"You'll see when we get there."
I sigh in fake annoyance and Sherlock chuckles.
"Be patient, grasshopper." He says
After ten minutes we pull up to a restaurant I had never been to. We get out and Sherlock holds the door open for me.
"Just two?" The blonde girl in front of us asks.
"Yes." Sherlock says.
She leads us to a booth at the back of the room. "Your waitress should be here soon."
I nod my thanks to her, and slide into the opposite booth of Sherlock.
"So, do you come here often?" I ask him.
He nods his head and looks at his menu.
I do the same, and decide on what I want.
"Hello, I'm Sydney, and I'll be ypur waitress. Are you ready to order or do you need a few minutes?" A burnette girl asks us.
"I think we're ready, John?" Sherlock says.
After we both ordered, we talk about nothing and everything at once.
After we eat, Sherlock offers to pay, despite my protest. As we were leaving, our waitress stops us.
"Sorry to inturrupt, but me amd the others were talking, and we just want to say how cute you are together."
I feel my face heat up. "We're not together."
"Yeah, and Im an alien from the planet mars." She laughs and walks away.
"I'm not gay!" I call after her.
Sherlock chuckles.
"How come you never correct anyone when they say we're a couple?" I ask him as we walk out of the resteraunt.
He shrugs his sholders. "Not worth my time. I have better things to do than worry that people think we're gay."
I look at him for a moment.
"Also, you shouldnt care as much. No matter what you tell them, they'll believe what they want."
We climb into a cab and sit in slilence for a few minutes.
"How come you always correct them?" Sherlock asks, a hint of hurt in his voice.
I think a moment before awnsering. "I dont know Sherlock. Maybe because there isn't anything else to say. Its not like I can say 'thank you' or 'i know.'"
Neither of us says anything else. When the cab drops us off, I pay the driver, and he smiles. "You two have quite the relationship. Its sweet."
I sigh and mutter after he leaves. "Im not gay..."
------------
A\N
how did you like the first chapter? Sorry that it's so long, but I do hope you enjoyed it. If so please vote\comment, and recommend to your friends! Id love to hear feedback, and please please kik me at tylerjustice12. Love all of you!