"Baby?" he said, pulling me into his arms. "What's wrong?"

"I was just thinking about something."

"Won't you tell me?"

"Well, why do you-er, I mean, why are you with me?"

"That's a silly question. You're my ma-" he cut off so quickly I wasn't even remotely sure what he was trying to say.

"Huh?"

"Because I really, really like you." He said. I had a feeling he meant to say something else the first time.

Either way, it made me smile. "Okay."

"Okay?" he said, not quite believing me.

"Mhm," I nodded.

He seemed to be okay with my answer because he nodded then changed the subject. "Let's go. Sean was more than happy to let you ditch today."

That stopped me. "You didn't say the word 'ditch' did you?"

He smiled. "Yes, I did since that's what we're doing."

"God, you suck."

"No, but I'd like to." He smiled and his eyes lowered to her breasts, then lower still. I rolled my eyes at his innuendo.

"Only if you're good." His eyes snapped back to mine so quick I though he might have gotten whiplash. It made me laugh.

"I'm going to hold you to that, you know?"

I smiled seductively. "And I'm holding you to that."

********************

We were in yet another one of his fancy cars, I think he called it a Ferrari 430 Scuderia, driving down a road that wasn't familiar to me. "Uh, Nick," I said, my voice coming out shaky. "Where are you taking me?"

He looked over with a wicked smile on his face. "To my home."

"Oh."

"What? Did you think I was taking you to some deserted place to have my wicked way with you or something?"

"Or something."

He laughed, concentrating on his driving once again. "You're too precious to me to hurt."

The sincerity in his voice was incredible. "Why are we going to your house?"

He shrugged. "I hope you don't mind, but the others kind of want to meet you. Officially."

I didn't mind. Though, I had to admit, I was kind of nervous. Would his family think I wasn't good enough for him?

"Don't worry. They like you already." Turning slightly, he winked at me. "I've been singing your praises."

I blushed.

"We're here," he announced suddenly. "And look. We have a welcoming party."

"Ugh," I groaned. "That doesn't give me enough time to fix myself up."

"You don't need fixing. You're perfect."

I narrowed my eyes. "Thanks, but I just got off work."

"You're always perfect."

"Chivalry won't change the fact that I look horrible." I was wearing white shorts and a black t-shirt that had the words 'eat me' written across my chest in hot pink letters. Hey, it was laundry day and I had no clothes, so I bored the top from Rae.

"Seriously. You look good enough to eat."

I would've laughed at the comment, were it not for the fact we were already parked. I glanced at the house only to be mesmerized. It wasn't a house. It was a mansion. Or maybe two mansions. I wasn't sure. All I knew was that it was huge. It made me more conscious of the differences between Nick and I. I mean, I kind of figured he had money because of the cars and the fact that he was part owner of the bar, but this was just crazy.