Chapter 10

~Tabitha's Point of View~

As we walked towards school, I felt a sense of uneasiness. The dream I had about Derek murdering Andrea seemed crazy but I don't want to feel guilty for even dreaming of him. I sighed softly. Derek looked over at me, his deep brown eyes, "You okay?," he asked as we reached the front of the school, "You haven't said anything since we got to your house." It was like he was a psych, he knew something was up.

I lied, "Yeah, just had a long night doing homework." I faked a smile as I carry my backpack over my shoulder. I hate to lie to him but I wasn't ready to tell him. Beatrix rubbed her wrist nervously, looking at Alex, "So, I was thinking we should hang out after school. Just to know each other better." That was Derek's idea but whatever. She didn't know.

Derek nodded, "You know that doesn't sound like a bad idea. Where should we go?," I blurted without thinking, "A park." I was embarrassed for my response but it was a start. "A park?" Alex said confused, "Like a baseball park?" He teased. I nodded. Derek rubbed his chin, "That doesn't sound too bad." he said as we walked towards the lockers.

It wasn't a bad idea. But I couldn't help but have a bad feeling, I didn't want it to show. I then said, "I have to go. I'm going to class early." Then I grabbed Beatrix's arm to come with me. She let out a small yelp, "Ow. No need to be so grabby." she pouts.

I looked over at her, "Sorry Bee, just needed to get away. We are going to first period early." I say to her. Smart, just walk away from your problems. Such a good idea. I thought sarcastically. 

As we got into our English class, Mr. Roberts looked up from his laptop, "You two are very early." He says in his typical monotone voice. He handed us packets, "These are going to be on the exams so keep a close eye on these and don't lose them. They are the only copy you are going to have."

I swallowed softly looking at Beatrix then walked over to my desk.

The third day of school and already has his exam review. Just great.

"Um, Mr. Roberts?" Beatrix says from her desk, raising her hand, "Can we do these reviews during your lecture and do these in partners?" He looked at her and nodded, "Just make sure it's done."

I looked over at her, "We are gonna be partners?" I asked her and she grinned, "Of course!" she exclaimed. Andrea then walked into the class, "Good morning Mr. Roberts, I'm suspended and I was wondering if I will need anything to be done while I'm gone." Mr. Roberts sighed softly and gave her two packets; this weeks work and the exam review.

"Make sure they both get done." He said in a serious tone. She just nodded, "Of course. I will be back like next Monday so it's no worries." She smiles at him. As she walked out of the class, she saw us and gave us one nasty smirk and whispered, "You both are dead to me." She lets out a loud laugh as she walked down the hall.

I suddenly felt ill. Again. Another threat. Seriously. What the hell are we going to do? I swallowed softly and sighed. She can't lay a hand on me. I'm protected by Principal Griffin. But something about Principal Griffin seemed odd. Maybe it was a coincidence but she just looked familiar to me. But what? Could she be my mother? I mean, she defended and listened to me. But could Principal Griffin be my Mom?