Chapter 12 part 2

"Excuse me nurse, where's the room of Karlie Kloss?" She said with heavy breathing.

"May I know who's speaking?" Nurse says as she faces her.

"Taylor Swift" she says.

The nurses eyes widened her eyes as she looks at the singer. "May I know what your relations with the patient?" 

"I'm her-" Taylor pauses almost saying what they are. Actually she hasn't confirmed it yet with Karlie what they actually are. "I'm her best friend."

"Okay, she's in the emergency room, right wing first door." The nurse says while looking at the monitor.

Immediately she ran towards the emergency room. Thankfully there weren't that much patients, which helped her find where Karlie is. As I walked down the aisle to find Karlie I heard a guy call my name and gave me a wave. It's Derek.

Taylor tried to calm her self as she approaches the bed, and clearly what she saw is heartbreaking; she saw Karlie having a neck brace, a bandage around her head, a wounded face and body, and she's wearing like a oxygen plastic wire that's attached to her nose. She doesn't want to touch Karlie for she might break anything, the only thing that her heart wants to do is to cry. 

"The doctors said that she's in recovery, she has some broken bones on her rib cage, a shoulder and a knee, she had some concussion which is why she's still unconscious right now. We have to take note of them when Karlie wakes up." Derek said as she comforts Taylor beside her. The singer gives him a hug, for she really needs some support at what just happened. "Shh. It's going to be okay. It's going to be okay." Derek whispers as he pats her lightly on her back.

As she pulls back, she approaches Karlie and observes the model's face. It really breaks her heart to see her in that position, but at the same time thankful that she's still alive.

"Derek what happened?" Taylor gives Derek a concerned face. 

"Well, after we had brunch, Karlie was in a hurry to go home for some reason. We were about  to cross the street as the stoplight goes red. A second before the light turns red, Karlie started to cross the street, but a fast moving van which seems to try to beat the red light accidentally hit her... while we were in the ambulance the paramedics checked, tried to wake her up, they applied pressure at her head which was bleeding.

"What happened to the driver?" Taylor asks.

"He admitted his fault." Derek replies. "The police brought him to the station. They'll update us soon."

"Okay.." Taylor says as she absorbs and imagines the event. She looks at Karlie's hand that has a device attached to her finger to track her pulse. She holds on to her hand, and felt the coldness of it. "Who else knows? How about her family?"

"I contacted her sister, Kimby. She said they'll go here as soon as they can." Derek replies.

"Okay.. Thank you Derek." Taylor says with her deepest gratitude for him.

"You're welcome." He said giving her a reassuring smile even though he's still tired from worrying.

Taylor looks back and speaks to Karlie. "Karlie. I'm here. Please get well soon."

----

As the nurses brought Karlie to a private room. Taylor still sat close to the model, holding her hand, trying to keep them warm. The beeping sound of the machine that surrounds the room makes her at ease, for she knows that Karlie is alive. Derek who's at the other chair approached Taylor asked, "Hey, I'm going to get some food, what do you want to eat or drink?" 

"No I'm good.  Thank you though." Taylor said. Even if Taylor didn't have breakfast, she didn't have the appetite or the mood to do anything but to be with Karlie. 

"Alright.." Derek nods. "I'll just go downstairs. I'll be back."

Taylor didn't even look back at Derek. Hearing that last sentence hits her very hard that her eyes started to water. *Sniff.* Immediately Taylor breaks down. Releasing all the tears that's been numbing her. She slowly pulls Karlie's hand to her, kisses it. 

"Karlie I miss you.. I love you.. P-please wake up." Taylor whispers with her aching voice. Still.. no reply.

A few hours has passed, It's almost 6 pm. Derek and Taylor are talking right beside Karlie. Taylor explained everything what happened that weekend.Except last night. Apparently Karlie didn't say anything about them. Then suddenly they heard the girl on the bed taking a deep breath, slowly opening her eyes, and starting to move. Taylor and Derek looked surprise at the model seeing Karlie finally responding. Immediately Derek pressed the button to contact the nurse's station. 

"Karlie. Hey." Taylor whispered. This simply brought a huge relief, to finally see Karlie get conscious.

She closes her eye as the bright light is too bright for her vision. Just as Taylor approaches the switch. The doctor and a nurse comes in. Taylor and Derek stepped aside for the experts to check her. A subtle smile showed on to the singer's face. "Thank goodness.." Derek says. "She's finally awake." Taylor nods. Taking a deep breath having a sigh of relief.

As the check up finally finished. The doctor led us outside to talk to us. Taylor gives a look at Karlie who's focused on the nurse who's talking to her.

"Okay." The doctor started. "Now Karlie is somehow doing well. There seems to be no serious problems in her motor skills and intellect. Though she has a minor amnesia, which means she doesn't remember about the accident. She has to stay here for a week for her recovery we'll provide her the medicines that she'll need. All in all she's going to be alright." The doctor concludes.The two gave out a sigh of relief and hugged each other. "Can we see her now?" Derek asks. The doctor nodded. "Now just be careful not to overwhelm her." The two acknowledge it and went in. The nurse has finally removed the neck brace, and eventually leaves Karlie to give us some privacy.

"Hi girl how are you." Derek whispers as they both stood at each side of the bed. Karlie looks tired but she gives Derek a smile. "I'm fine. just a little sleepy from it." Karlie whispers. "I-i'm sorry. I can't remember what happened." 

"No don't be Kar. It's not your fault." Taylor holds her hand which Karlie looks with a surprised look. "Woah.. Taylor Swift?!" She said in disbelief. Taylor gave her a confused look at her response. "W-what are you doing here?" Karlie says as she acts like she cannot belief what she sees. 

"I-I'm you best friend silly." Taylor chuckles having her eyebrows furrowed wondering why Karlie is talking like that.

"Really? I'm your best friend??" Karlie was surprised, but at the same time made her excited. The two standing, look at each other and lose their smiles. "Derek I can't believe this! I didn't know tha-" Karlie stops, loses her smile for she realizes that she's doesn't know that fact. She looks at the Taylor with her mouth agaped. Taylor's body froze from another shock. 

She doesn't remember.

****

Okay please don't hate me. 

My teacher gave us a free day today so I used this free time to do this before I focus on my review this weekend. After the finals I'll update this within next week hopefully. 

Again, thank you for reading.