Chapter 5

The same day..

(Whirring sound of the treadmill) treadmill *Huff* *huff* Haa!!

Karlie just finished her last pace in the treadmill. The loud music in the gym somehow helps in distracting her thoughts. Somehow running gave her some release with all the emotional stress that she's been having. Later at brunch, she's going to meet with her dear friend Derek who just came from L.A. It's a God send to have him around at this moment in time. She checks her phone if he has woken up. 

None. 

As Karlie goes to the locker room to gets her clothes, and to take a shower she suddenly hears ."Shake it Off" This gave her sense a cold sweat around her neck and arms. She immediately went to the shower room.

*Squeak* *shower sound* Karlie just stands there, thinking about what happened all over again. 

*FLASHBACK*

As i pressed my lips to hers, her lips are so soft and warm that my stomach weakened, and my heart beat so fast. Strong emotions are happening in me that the side that i want this, got me to do it. I don't even know if its because of the alcohol that''s been letting my feelings come out that it went off.. Way off that I feared for. As i felt her lips disappear to mine, my body instantly froze. She gives me the "What are you doing?" look. The frustration, and regret started to fill in that anytime it's going to break the containment in me.

The thundersound was the one that broke my container. Spilling out the guilt that I've done.

.... "I'm sorry." I said.

"I'm sorry" Karlie whispered to herself in the shower. It's been a week... and it still scares me. Dammit! (hits the wall and looks down on the floor as the water flows down on her back.) This is all my fault. I'm such a reckless idiot! Why do you have to do that to Tay? Now look at what you've done. Now it's all going to be awkward. 

As Karlie got out and opened her locker. She checks her phone 1 New message. It's Derek.
"Hey girl! So better be awake, 'coz I didn't flew hear to cope with you being in bed the whole day kind of thing." I texted him back.

"Don't worry Derek. That was a few days ago. Right now I'm about to leave the gym."

"Well that's a step. You were a lot different in our facetime a few days ago. I was like "is this a break-up problem-or? 

"So! where are we having brunch?"

"Let's go at our usual place at the west village. Remember that?" I replied.

As I finished changing my clothes, my phone vibrated.

"How can I forget, I love that place." He says. "Too bad there's no branch at L.A."

"I'm really excited for later. So see you at 10 there?"

Tay hasn't replied to me. Which is good, I guess. It's been a week, that's making it worse. I don't know what to say to her. What if she wants to remain friends?... I guess that could be fine, but.. but I don't want to be selfish... (sigh) I have do something already, but what?

-----------------

"Heyy" Derek approaches me and gave me a kiss on the cheek. We both sat down on a cor booth that I saved for us in the restaurant. A waitress gave us menu and left us to decide. Minutes later, we gave our orders to her, and waited.

"So." Derek starts. "How are you?"

I look down at the table, trying to forms what I'm going to say. I can see him looking at me, waiting for me to speak.

I sighed, and gave him a problematic look.

Derek held my hand and gave me a concerned look. "Hey what's wrong?"

I simply gulped what holding me to speak and said, "It's Taylor". Derek gave me a nod to go on.

"I-I'm in love with her." I whispered. He gave me a questioning look and then suddenly his eyes widen. "Does she know about it?" He whispered as he started to grin.

"I-I don't know" I combed my hair trying to get a grip.

"What do you mean I don't know?" He gave me a confused look.
"Okay.." I let out a huge sigh before I told him what happened. As I told what happened; from the time Taylor taught me about tumblr, until our 1 week "hiatus". Derek didn't say anything, but gave these various looks as I told him everything. In the end all he said was,

"Wow." He has his hand covering his mouth and gave me an 'I can't believe it' look.

"Derek I need your help. I-I don't know what to do.. from how she responded there's no hope for me, even worse, I would lose her." Both of my elbows are on the table, my hands combed at my hair. Before Derek speaks, our food just arrived. "Enjoy" said the waitress and left.

"Okay, I'm going to break it to you Kar." I looked at him fearing at what he's going to say.

"You have to talk to her about it, ASAP." He said. "Nothing's going to happen, except for it will get worse between you two. You don't want Taylor to wait that long. I'm pretty sure she's worried sick and confused." My eyebrows furrowed. How can I be so selfless.. I've been trying to deny it to myself, but Derek is right. I'm really am selfless

"I know that you're guilty and afraid about it, but in order for this tension to end, you have to talk to her and face the consequences." That's what I don't want to hear. I just looked at my untouched food,  as I think of the possible scenarios.

Derek held my hand, making me look at him. "If you really love her, you have to accept and respect whatever she feels... Even though it hurts." That last comment made my eyes water. I looked away trying not to show my watery eyes.

"Hey.." Derek says. "Look, Taylor loves you, and she wouldn't ignore and shut you off. You guys are best friends, actually 'best best friends' as you guys would call it. I'm sure she doesn't want to lose a person like you. She's going to love you no matter what. So please, for the sake of your friendship." As I hear those words from Derek, It somehow brought some smile on my face.

"There it is" Derek teases.

"Shut up" Karlie muttered.

"So come on, lets dig in I'm starving." Derek started with his food. I started with mine too. Later on, we spent our time catching up with what we've been doing, we made some laughs, and made some plans.

Derek checked the time, and noticed that its 2 pm already.

"Oh hey Karlie, I'm sorry but I have to go. I have a meeting-"

"Oh it's okay, you did told me." I replied. "Time went by really fast." I giggled.

"I know. I'm really sorry though."

We paid the bill, and prepared to leave.

"Hey it's okay, it's really nice to see you." trying to convvince him that its okay as I stand up to give him a hug. "Also thank you." I told him as I hug him. He simply patted my back, and kissed my cheek goodbye. "You better talk to her!"

"I will, I will." I said.

As we got out of the restaurant and waved our goodbyes, I mouthed the words to myself, "Later, I will." Opened my phone and scrolled my contacts. I held my phone to my ear for a while and I heard a voice. 

"Hey Taylor."

Hey guys! How is it? Please bear with me with my writing skills, but I'm glad that I'm still pushing through this. I've thought of continuing this during summer, but somehow his is my past time. :)) So yeah! Updating this soon. I hope you guys have a good weekend.