"We're looking for Cabello and Mendes?" She nodded, and lead us to the table and left when we sat down.

The restaurant was a little loud, but often it would get quiet. "Camila! Shawn! You're finally here, guys!" My dad exclaimed, a broad smile spreading through his face. "Come, sit down!"

We both looked at each other for a few seconds before sitting in the chairs. The dinner was so awkward, like the first one. The parents were talking, not any of us. Camila was simply eating, most likely because she was hungry. No kidding, Shawn. I didn't want to eat my food—probably because I payed attention to what they were saying.

"So," My mother started, with a straight smile on her face. My eyebrows raised as I nudged Camila while she was eating a breadstick. Her eyes widened as she spit it out, wiping her mouth with a napkin afterwards. I raised the glass of water and drank it, the coolness slipping down my throat. "You two haven't had sex, right?"

The water had spit through my mouth, earning an unnoticed glare from my father.

"What?"

"Excuse me?" Camila's eyebrows pinched together, as she pulled back a strand of hair that was annoying her. "Shawn and I—we um—we're not dating!"

"What? Why not? You're going to marry each other eventually," Mrs. Cabello said, a laugh following. Camila narrowed her eyes at her, and frowned.

"Mama, we're not—"

"Camila!" I cut her off, a smile tugging on my lips. "I was just about to ask . . Will you be my girlfriend?"

"Excuse me, Shawn!" Her eyes popped out, her lips parting.

What was I doing? My head rambled with thoughts until she kicked me in the leg. "Mila, just say yes. Go along with it." I mumbled under my breath. She pressed her lips together and nodded, making an awkward giggle as she turned her head, facing our parents again.

"Oh . . uhm, yes?"

A big smile had been plastered on their faces as she said yes, making me gulp. The uncomfortable position I was in was high—humongous, even. I felt so weird, until Camila interwined our hands and looked at me with a reassuring smile. "Oh, well that's even better! So, we'll facetime you in the morning, right?" Mr. Cabello said, with a stern look on his face. I nodded with a grin as Camila tightened the grip on my hand.

The night followed with drinks, and going home in a sober state. Camila sprawled across the couch immediately after going inside, still in her clothes from the night. Groans escaped her mouth, as she flipped over to sit on the couch comfortably.

I walked to my room and stripped to my boxers and undershirt, and then slipped on pajamas which included a white T-Shirt and black shorts.

My room was messy—no arguing there. Clothes displayed everywhere, and I was certain that there was a pizza box somewhere.

"Shawn!" Camila yelled from the livingroom, making me roll my eyes and walk over there to where she had been. She was on the couch, in her pajamas and hair tied up into a bun.

"H-How did you—what?" My eyebrows pinched, in confusion. She seemed unamused, and rolled her eyes. Why is the "rolling your eyes" thing so common in this apartment? Oh, Camila. "Why did you call me here? I wanted to do this thing called sleep."

"Well, I wanted to say thank you but I guess not." She said, crossing her arms. "Tonight was . . interesting. I wanted to thank you for helping me get through this, and I just—well, I can't seem to put it in a sentence. I just—thank you. For everything." A faint chuckle answered her statement, making the brunette huff. "Why aren't you saying anything?"

"You're actually saying thank you? Camila, you ruined everything! You are such a—a loser! Wait, no, you're not a loser—you're more than just a shit loser. I can't sleep anymore because of your annoying ass. You are so needy, and never thankful for anything! God, I would trade anyone for you!" My words were definitely third grade level.

Her breathing sped, and her lips had parted after she gulped. I finally let out what I wanted to say. What she had been doing to me. "It doesn't just stop from there, no it doesn't. Becuase these past nights we haven't talked, I worried about you. I never worry about people other than my parents and family. And I hate you for that, Camila." Tears rimmed the corner of her eye from all the emotion I had let out.

Her body crashed mine into a hug, her arms wrapping around my torso as her head was laying on my chest. I felt her breath upon me, her tears dripping onto my shirt. "I'm sorry—I didn't—I'm just—sorry."

_____________

A U T H O R • N O T E

wow this chapter sucked. sorry if the profanity used had offended you in any way, some chapters will have the agressive language. just a heads up! okay, thank you :)
fifteen votes for the next chapter!