iv

wow you guys are amazing! ten votes for the next chapter :)

shawn mendes — july 31, 1:03 a.m.

The darkness of the cold night had filled my room, and the only light source was the brightness from Camila's bedroom across the hall. i didn't like when my doors were closed all the way, just so that if there was a monster I could run easily to Camila. Not tonight, at least. We got into this stupid fight, and honestly, it was her fault anyways for being so overdramatic. I was unaware! I tried to make peace, alright?

I bet that she was in her room, probably crying to death right now. Probably because of the sobs that I heard from across my room to hers. A streak of lightning had struck my room, thunder rolling in as well. A groan made it's way to my throat as the light from Camila's room went out. She was going to come here, right?

The door busted open with Camila clenching onto her teddy bear, and then she ran to the bed. "Camila! Why are you-" I scrunched my eyebrows, anger filling my eyes. I saw the terror written on her eyes, as if they were screaming.

"Shawn, I don't like storms."

"No one does, pumpkin. Doesn't mean you can run into my room."

She frowned, sighing. "You really don't like me, don't you? Huh? You bipolar person who is the worst cute boy I have ever met!" Camila rambled, using her hands to express the emotion coming out of her. "Ever since I met you, you had just been so . . moody about everything!"

I shook my head, and patted the seat right next to me. She scooted closer, her heavy breathing making it impossible for her to move any further. "I just don't get it, Shawn. One day you say that you like me, then another you don't!"

A sigh left my mouth as she continued telling me her feelings. "I want this to work, I want us to work. It's hard when the person doesn't give any effort." The pretty brunette huffed, as I climbed in closer to her.

"Mila, I want it to work out—I guess—too." I licked my lips from the dryness, in addition to watching her tears slip from her eyes. "But you're going to have to understand: I'm not always going to be there for you. I'll try, but it'll almost seem impossible if I will always be there. Heck, I'm not even your boyfriend. I don't mind if you see other boys, that's for your personal life, not mine. And . . sometimes I'll hang out with other girls. I just—I want you to be happy. That's all I'm for. Your . . arranged, fake, husband."

Camila let out a short laugh as she swiped away her remaining tears, still managing to nudge me in the shoulder. "I hate you."

"I know." I chuckled, giving her a warm smile. "Do you want me to walk you back fo your room? Are you fine in the dark, because I have a nightlight."

"Yeah, you can just walk me back. Do you mind if I use your pillows? Mine aren't that soft . ." Camila pursed her lips, the plead in her eyes. I nodded, snatching the blue pillow in my hands and standing up from the bed. She did as well, ruffling her hair out in the process.

Another blink of lightning hit the rooms as we were in the middle of the hallway, causing Camila to wrap her body around my arm. I shook my head in laughter, continuing to walk towards her small room. Her walls were white, and the room was formally my thinking room. I obviously didn't know what to do there, so I used that for hers, because we weren't going to sleep together.

Finally after a few more seconds later, we reached her room and I placed the blue pillow on her bed. She climbed in, and smiled at me. I could see the white from her teeth because of the night's light from outside te window.

"Thank you, Shawn."

I nodded, smiling. Walking to the door with my hand wrapped around the doorknob, I sighed and looked at her: Camila's eyes shut as she held onto the teddy bear.

"Goodnight."

•••

The busy city of New York had annoyed me, but somehow it still managed to make me feel warm and fuzzy. Gosh, I sound like a girl.

The extended yawns coming from Camila's room had woken me up, probably because they sounded like the bell for first period. The door creaked open with a tired Camila, as she limply walked to my bed with her teddy bear still held in her grasp. "Hey, what are you doing here-"

She crashed into the covers, crawling to me and hugging my arm. "Camila, if this is a joke-"

"Mmm, Shawn is really warm. I love it, I just want to cuddle with him for a whole day!" She smiled, her eyes still shut.

"Really?" I gasped, my eyes widening. Stupid Shawn, she's asleep.

"Mhm. He's so cute and adorable!" She's telling the truth, maybe.

"I love how his cheeks get red whenever I hug him. But . . when he said that I could be with other boys, I freaked out. He's going to leave me, Lauren!" She frowned, sighing into my shoulder. Lauren?

"Oh . . and how do you think he feels . . Cams?"

"I don't know, I'm not him."

"Well what would you do if you were?"

"I'd kiss me, Camila!"

"Oh."