Chapter 33 - Find Me, Save Me

Magsimula sa umpisa

"Davina Claire," I answer in defeat. "I'm in desperate need of your help."

...

J U L I A N N A

I hiss and pull my hand back as it comes in contact with the small sunlight streaming into the cold and empty tomb. I'm stuck at the Lafayette cemetery, drained of my blood, my daylight ring stolen and shackled in magic proof chains. I'm losing myself in a daze and I have to force myself to stay awake and not slip away.

I don't know how it happened. I had been fast asleep on Klaus' lap and I got up to get water. I just remember feeling uneasy as I made my way to the kitchen, like I was being watched. Something kept telling me to go back to Klaus, but I brushed it off as me being paranoid. Next thing I knew, I was being hit over the head with something heavy and passing out. When I awoke, I instantly knew where I was. However, I still don't know who took me.

I've been sitting here for hours, hanging by a thread as the body guard standing nearby keeps coming back in to drain me of my blood. I heal and an hour later he comes back in. I'm sitting in a puddle of my own blood and tears. I begged and cried on the first few hours but it didn't work. If anything it made it worse when the guy told me he'd cut off my tongue next. I can't break the chains because of how weak I am, so I'm basically trapped. Even if I did, I wouldn't be able to leave without bursting into flames.

I lean my head back onto the stone wall behind me and let a few silent tears slide down my cheeks. My hands find their way to my tummy, and I gently rub it in circular motions. She's been quiet, not fluttering around like she normally did. I only felt a kick here and there when I had been sobbing my heart out.

"I'm so sorry babygirl," I whisper to her. "I never meant to get us here. Mommy just wasn't careful enough," I sniffle before continuing, "I don't know how much longer I can hold out before I desiccate or before they come in here and finish me for good. I know your family is worried sick, and I know they expect me to fight and I am, I'm fighting so hard for you. If I let myself desiccate, you won't make it, so I have to be strong."

As if she understood everything I was saying, her small little legs kicked and she fluttered around causing me to gently smile. I can't die and certainly not here. I need blood, I'm desperately craving it. If I can just get a few sips, I would be strong enough to break through these shackles - but I can't. An overwhelming pain fills my hand and I gasp when I see purple and black veins starting to peak under my grayed and marbled hand. I shake my head in denial as my tired eyes roll into the back of my head. I can't give up, not on my daughter. Not on everything I've fought for to get to this point. There has to be a way.

My tears begin rapidly falling as the body guard walks in to drain me once again. The baby moves around and begins kicking in the direction he's walking to me in. As he bends down to face my immobile body, I suddenly realize how I'm going to get out of this.

He's human.

It's like she had told me what to do. His neck is right next to my nose as he reopens all of my healed wounds. More blood begins to pour out of my drying veins and more energy leaves my already dying body. All I could hear was the sound of the blood pumping through his veins, his heart beat thumping. I haven't craved blood this badly since I first turned. I gulp as I feel the warmth of his neck on my face. The dark veins run under my eyes and I could feel my canines sharpen under my lip.

"It would be just sad if the cat got your tongue," I laugh as I repeat what he had told me when he threatened me earlier. I use all of my remaining strength to reach up and pull him down onto me. I open my mouth as my fangs grow out and quickly sink them into the biggest vein in his neck. He struggles in my grip as I greedily drink every ounce of blood in his system. The feeling and taste was euphoric in my mouth and renewing as I felt my strength coming back to me. Seconds later, I push his drained body off of me and I use the back of my hand to wipe off the dripping blood from my chin.