Ending 2

this was how the story was going to end at first but I got the idea for the sequel so.....YEAH! I hope you enjoy this guys because I know all of you probably really wanted this to happen instead! warning: slight /horrible/ smut ahead

------------------------------------------------

"'Cause you are
You are
You are my everything"

It's two days later when there's a knock at his door. And he confused at first, Calum usually calls to let him know he'll be over. And Luke doesn't really have any other friends that visit him so he doesn't know who it could be. Maybe Calum just forgot something and came to pick it up.

Luke hurries to the the door and opens it.

And he stops breathing.

It's Ashton. Ashton is standing in front of him and Luke is pretty sure he's going crazy.

"A-Ashton?" he questions, he wants to reach out and touch. To make sure he's not dreaming.

"Hey Luke," Ashton says awkwardly, "Can I come in? So we can talk?"

"Yes! I mean, yeah sure, come on in." Luke says opening the door wider and giving Ashton space to walk in.

Ashton takes his time to look around the apartment, running his fingers gently over everything and then he finally takes a seat and pats the cushion next to him, signalling Luke over. Luke rushes over and nervously sits next to Ashton. They sit in silence for a few, long, seconds before Ashton speaks up.

"So, how have you been?" He asks quietly. He sounds just as nervous as Luke feels, but that impossible, right?

"Good Ash, I've been good," Looking at Ashton, not wanting to look away just in case this turns out to be some cruel dream,"What about you? How are you?"

Ashton bites his lip nervously, "Yeah I'm- I'm great Luke." And he smiles,smiles that beautiful sunshine smile that look swore he'd never be able to see again. Luke smiles back.

They talk for what seems to be hours, catching up, sharing stories, laughing. But they're both ignoring the elephant in the room and Luke knows it and he wants so badly to tell Ashton how much he's missed him, that he's been waiting so very long to see him, hear his voice.

The room goes quiet, the small smiles still etched on their faces. But Luke, unable to handle it anymore, grabs Ashton's hand and looks at him seriously. Ashton tenses and gasps.

"Ashton, we need to talk"

"We are talking."

Luke groans, "You know what I mean Ashton, please?"

Ashton sighs and stands up. Luke fears that he might leave but Ashton just paces around the living room. He sighs and kneels in front of Luke, putting his hands on his knees. "Listen Luke, I talked to Mikey. He told me everything. The real reason I came here was to, like, give you closure"

Luke's face remains blank, "Closure."

Ashton bites his lip nervously and stands up, "Yes, closure. This isn't healthy. Your life is going so well. You need to let go of this idea you have of us getting back together. I don't wanna sound rude Luke but it's not gonna happen."

Luke scoffs and looks away. He can't believe this. He can't believe Ashton.

"You came all this way to tell me that. Really? You don't think I know that Ashton? That I haven't already had that realization? If that's all you wanted you could leave. Like now." Luke stands up, nearly knocking Ashton over, and walks to the other side of the room. He can't even look at Ashton.