I turned up the radio a little, "I love the chocolate pancakes, with the maple syrup."

"Mmhm! I love the blueberry pancakes with the blueberry syrup!" He groaned with the thought of food.

"You have to give me a bite!" I squeezed his arm and he looked down to my hand. I noticed my action and quickly withdrew it, "sorry."

He shook his head laughing, "It's fine!"

I nodded and looked out the window, the building zoomed by. I felt embarrassed for my actions, I shouldn't have put my hand on his arm.

I looked up a few moments and saw we were in the IHOP parking lot. The line was quite long.

"The line is long," I noted and he laughed while getting out the car.

"You're funny," he murmured and opened up my car door. "I'm Brendon Urie, I can get in anyplace, without a line."

I looked around and saw screaming children, they were hungry and an elderly couple.

"Let's not butt them," I informed him. He was used to living the famous life and no lines, I wanted him to stop for a moment and experience what it's like to be normal.

He looked at me with a glimmer in his eyes, "are you sure?"

"Positive, let's go put our name up there though," he held my hand as I lead him through the front doors. No one seemed to notice him, it was full of elders and young parents with whining children.

"Name?" The woman at the podium asked us.

"Melanie," I replied quickly and looked back at Brendon. He gave me a killer smile and I felt my heart flutter. He was so cute.

We sat outside because there was no room inside. The bench was made of blue plastic and burned my bottom.

"It's hot," Brendon looked at me. "That's probably just you though."

I felt my cheeks go red, "Or it could be the 90 degree weather we are in."

"That too," he placed his hand over mine, which was in my lap.

We sat in silence, listening to the people around us chatter. It wasn't an awkward silence, it was a peaceful one. I was happy we could enjoy one another's company in silence.

"My father told me when I was younger," Brendon broke the silence, "if you can sit with a woman for more than twenty minutes, without her talking. Marry her."

I laughed, "Hopefully it's not an awkward silence."

He chuckled, "I've enjoyed our silence, Mel."

"Me too," I responded quickly. I found my eyes looking into his and he was looking into mine.

"You have some beautiful blue eyes," he noted. I felt myself wanting to kiss him in this very moment. My eyes started to shut, and I leaned in slowly and he followed my movements.

"Melanie, table for two," the voice on the speaker rang out.

My eyes snapped open and I grabbed his hand, "Pancakes!"

"Pancakes!" He excitedly responded. We raced inside and the waitress gave us a weird look. I shrugged it off.

I almost forgot about the kiss Brendon and I almost shared. I sat down in the booth across from Brendon.

A young woman with messy hair came up to the table, "What can I get y'all?"

"Can I have a milk?" Brendon asked the waitress.

"Chocolate milk for me," I flipped the menu until I found the chocolate chip pancakes. "Can I have the chocolate chip pancake combo?"

She looked at Brendon and waited for his order.

"Blueberry pancakes with blueberry syrup combo," she jolted down our orders and left quickly.

"Melanie," Brendon laid his hand over mine on the table and looked into my eyes. His chocolate orbs glistened with the cheap lighting.

"Yes?" I responded.

We looked at one another for a few moments and then he broke the eye contact. 

"I have an idea," he said quietly. I nodded. "This is a very serious question."

What was he going to ask? Me to marry him? Be his girlfriend? Ask just to stay friends? Or worse, act like we don't know each other.

I took in a heavy sigh with thinking of the last part.

"I want you to go on tour with me," he asked. His lips pursed together and he looked back into my eyes.

I blinked twice, "You want me to go on tour with you?" I imagined the worse, and I felt my stomach do flip flops. Of course I thought of going on tour with Brendon Urie many times before.

"Let's leave this town, tour with me for the rest of summer," his eyes shone with excitement.

I thought about college starting up in fall and I could feel my lips answer before I realized what I said, "yes."