Acknowledgement

Birds chirped annoyingly loud. You couldn't feel the warmth of sun rays yet, but being in a ravine meant you would probably be in the shade until around noon. Somehow, your body knew that it was morning and about time to actually wake up, but you didn't want to wake up yet. Still, those annoying birds wouldn't stop with their loud incredibly loud chirping. No matter how warm and comfortable you were the birds didn't know or care. They just kept on with their lively conversations.

Just as you were finally able to begin to tune the birds out, a different source forced your eyes open. You felt movement against you before an arm snaked under your knees and you were briskly lifted from the ground. The arm that had been around your back all night hadn't moved a bit. In fact, the change of your position had been so slight and done so gently that if you had been fully asleep you probably wouldn't have even noticed it enough to wake up.

Nevertheless, those birds had done the deed of waking you beforehand, so now your eyes looked up at a familiar jawline with longish hair framing it.

"Hiru?" You mumbled out to the person in question. You were immediately met with light red eyes which glanced down at you lovingly, and without a hint of anger at the fact you had said another man's name.

"Sorry, (Name). I really didn't mean to wake you up. I just figured now was as good a time as any to take you away again."

You widened your eyes as you finally remembered how Cyrus had told you that once he had the chance, he would kidnap you again. At that memory, you began struggling to get out of his grip. However, his hold on you was strong. You had nearly forgotten how strong he could be when he wasn't sedated. It had been months since you had seen him like this after all. Nevertheless, you weren't one to give up so easily. Still attempting to get away from his grip, you straightened your body as much as you could, to make it harder for him to him hold you.

In response, Cy only brought his arms closer together forcing you knees to get closer and closer to your chest until they were practically touching. Your ability to struggle in that position was next to none, so you finally gave up on your small battle against Cyrus.

Cyrus didn't even take much notice to your prior struggle. He seemed to be looking around very attentively at his surroundings for the safest place to carry you up.

"Your hair's longer, Cy." You suddenly spoke out which surprisingly caused Cyrus to pause in place. Something about the way you were speaking seemed so familiar to him. He suddenly remembered why. You practically never talked to him casually since you lost your memories, actually since your mother died.

"Yeah... it... is." His mind seemed to automatically think you had given him a weird look, as he realized just how awkward he was being. How did he used to talk to you when he wasn't threatening you or saying how much he loved you? "I-I uh, well, haven't cut it in a long time. At least, I didn't have any time... not since you left."

He immediately regretted his last few words. Why did he have to bring the conversation to that topic? Couldn't he just talk without somehow bringing up or implying his admitted obsession for you? Those last words clearly showed that he had been so desperate to get to you that he hadn't bothered to waste even a fraction of a second to cut his hair. Anyone would notice that obvious connection!

"Oh, no wonder your hair is so long now. I didn't notice until just now though." Okay, well, anyone but you would notice that obvious connection or maybe because of your nice personality you were just acting like you didn't notice the connection, Cyrus began to reason.