The New Bodyguard

You stared at the mop of orange hair bowing before you. Giving out your hand to him, his piercing red eyes looked up into your (E/C) ones before he placed a kiss on the back of your hand. You didn't pull your hand away at the sight of his eyes although a chill went up your spine. There was no way you could live with this guy following you around.

You gave a glance to your nearby father and king who had appointed the man in front of you as your new bodyguard.

"Why?" You asked your father with a "seriously" tone of voice. "Why him?"'

"Ah, well he did defeat our strongest knight so I figured he would be the only one worthy of protecting you." You lightly glared at your father who redirected his eyes into another direction. Then you turned back to the man who was surprisingly still holding your hand. You lightly pulled at your hand before noticing how tightly he held on. Sternly, you pulled a bit harder until he finally let go.

"Yes, but isn't he the thief that has been stealing from our kitchens? Do you really want a criminal protecting your only daughter?"

Before your father could reply the man kneeling in front of you spoke. "Princess, I can assure you that there is nothing I would ever do to harm you. Stealing a loaf of breath for a person on the verge of death and harming a lady are two very different things." Although, he spoke politely you were able to notice the hint of playfulness in his voice like that of a child.

You bit your bottom lip before continuing to speak. "Fine, what is your name, servant?"

"It's Cyrus Besitz, Princess." As he looked up into your eyes once more he gave a big chilling smile. "But, you can call me Cy."

You looked at his smile which seemed to be hiding something dark before you muttered out, "Cyrus is fine." You then stormed out of the room while still feeling him smiling at your back.

~~~

"Here's the wood!" Cyrus came into the large kitchen with wood stacked up to his face.

"You're already done!?" Came a surprised voice of a fellow servant. "Um bring it over here."

"Alright!" Cy stretched his neck out to see over the wood before following the brown haired servant to the kitchen's large furnace. He let them all tumble to the ground loudly next to the furnace before looking up at the taller male. "Anything else?"

"That's fine." The brunette paused for a moment. "I can't believe you were able to chop all that wood in five minutes. It takes me much longer and I'm taller than you."

Cy laughed slightly before replying. "Well, I couldn't be the Princess' body guard if I couldn't do something like quickly cutting wood."

"Now that I think about it!" The brunette opened his mouth in surprise. "You've been here for three weeks and you're never with the Princess so I guess I completely forgot you were her bodyguard. How are you supposed to protect her when you're never nearby?"

Cy glanced sadly down at the floor. "I wish she'd let me stay close to her, but she's stubborn. I think she also forgot that I'm her bodyguard rather than just a servant." He looked up and put on his normal smile. "But, even if she's far away I can still protect her. I won't let her get hurt."

"Your pretty determined aren't you? Even though she seems to hate you. I mean she is so incredibly nice to all the other servants, but I don't think I've ever even seen her smile at you."