Never Okay

Cyrus felt his face heating up in excitement. You were right out his window, maybe a story or two below, but that made no difference. Cyrus turned to run out the door. However, Hiru was already at the door opening it. Cyrus could just barely remember that he heard a knock at the door. Finding it useless to deal with the person on the other side, Cyrus left it to Hiru as he turned once more, this time towards the window. Just as Cyrus was about to jump out of the window, he heard a very familiar voice.

"Aw~ Cyrus."

He froze completely. He saw your figure disappearing, but he couldn't move. He wanted to ignore the voice and go get you, but he simply couldn't. After a moment of being frozen the only movement he started to make was trembling. He could feel his knees on the verge of giving way to gravity. Slowly, he felt a smile drawing onto his face. The smile he always formed when he heard that voice. It was never because he was happy though. This smile was associated with fear and sadly this smile came to him as second nature.

He eventually felt slender fingers running against his shoulder and at the slightest nudge, he turned himself around in obedience.

"L-Lamia?" Cyrus stuttered out at the redhead.

"Cyrus, I know you kidnapped the princess. You've been a very bad boy. I'm afraid I'll have to punish you." Cyrus stood in fear as he glanced at her hand, moving to search for some sort of torture devise. She was always so quick to forget where she was when she could hurt Cyrus. A gleam always seemed to fill her eyes as her smiles grew.

Cyrus saw something metal glint in her hands. She brought up a simple knife, but knowing her it was probably coated in some sort of torture inducing venom. Cyrus closed his eyes, and suddenly heard Hiru speak.

"Don't you dare hurt my little brother or I won't hesitate to bring about your untimely demise."

Cyrus opened one of his eyes slightly to see Hiru standing with his sword to Lamia's neck. She let the knife fall to the ground and once the sword was no longer against her neck, she embraced Hiru.

"Hiru, everyone misses you so much! I'm so glad you came back. We've been trying to catch you for so long now." She hugged onto him tightly as she continued. "Your mother will be so happy. Maybe she'll stop trying to kill herself."

Grabbing onto her shoulders, Hiru pushed Lamia away harshly. "I unfortunately have no intention of going back with you."

Lamia smiled, "what makes you think you have a choice in the matter."

"I don't think. I know." Hiru said firmly leaving even Lamia believing he was probably right. Lamia smiled in return then turned to Cyrus who flinched. He couldn't stay there. He had to go to you. However, he couldn't even think as Lamia placed something in her own mouth, before transferring it to his forcefully. Once Cyrus was unconscious, Lamia turned back to Hiru.

"I can't very well let you leave though."

"I have two conditions."

Lamia smiled in excitement, knowing that she could get Hiru to come back to the main house where it would be next to impossible for him to ever leave. "And what would those conditions be?"

~~~

You knocked on the wooden door Taro had sent you to. Hopefully you had followed his instructions correctly, you didn't want to disturb some poor sleeping family. Before the door could even be opened though, you heard the familiar sound that came from travelers making merry. You smiled knowing you had made it to the right building as you opened the door to the inside.