Hope exhaled the breath she hadn't realized she'd been holding and extended her hand to him. It's a pleasure to finally meet you in person Mr. Matthews."

"Please call me Levi and if you'll show me your bags I'll get them loaded into the wagon and we can be on our way home."

"Then you must call me Hope and my bags are right over here and I hope you don't mind but I brought my mare, Winney with me. I just couldn't leave her behind."

"Of course I don't mind, I have plenty of room in the barn for her. Let me get your bags then I'll get her." He said with a warm smile. Levi raised an eyebrow as he looked at the three smaller bags. He'd never known a woman to travel so lightly especially when you were taking everything you could for a new life. Unless she wasn't planning on staying. He felt panic set in. There wasn't enough time to find another wife if she decided to leave. Picking up the bags he asked her to follow him to the wagon. He wondered if he should go ahead and suggest that they marry right then or if he should give her time to settle in first. Thankfully the decision was made for him.

"Um, Mr. Ma - Levi, I know this is going to sound extremely forward but I would feel better if we got married before we went back to your ranch. It really wouldn't look proper for me to be out there without a proper chaperone and I don't want to start off by setting a bad example for Ellie." Hope said with her head slightly bowed and her eyes downcast as she fidgeted with her hands.

Levi's brows drew together at the somewhat subservient way she spoke to him. Shrugging his shoulders he attributed it to shyness and nerves but he was pleased that she not only thought of her reputation but also of setting a good example for Ellie. It was also a relief that she wanted to go ahead and get married. That meant that she wasn't planning on going anywhere. "Actually, I think that's a great idea. I thought about it myself but wanted to give you a few days to settle in first. I'll just put your bags here in the wagon and go get your mare and we'll walk over to the church and find Reverend Holland."

"She's the buckskin with the black socks and muzzle." Hope called out. Her face flushed slightly as she admired his retreating backside in his snug denims.

After setting her bags down and tying Winney to the wagon he turned and held out his arm for her to take. Hope placed her gloved hand on his arm and felt the firm muscles of his forearm. Tingles shot from her fingertips straight up to her spine. They started walking toward the church at the other end of the town. Hope was looking around at the buildings and people, everything was so - so different but not necessarily in a bad way. They had not gone more than a few steps when Levi stopped and turned towards her. "Please forgive me. I didn't even think to ask if you wanted to walk or ride. I know you have to be exhausted after your long trip. Here, why don't we ride?"

"Oh no. Please. I love walking and I've been cooped up on that train for over two weeks. It will also let me get a better look at my new home." Hope paused at the slightly shocked expression on his face then quickly added, "of course, that is only if you want to walk. Whatever you want to do is fine with me."

"Well, if you're ok with walking." He held out his arm and again she took it. Levi could feel the heat of her fingers through her gloves and his shirt. They walked in a companionable silence for a few minutes and Hope drank in her surroundings. The people were dressed differently, both men and women wore clothes that were so much more casual and practical. The men wore hats to keep the sun from their eyes, not just for looks and they didn't wear coats and ties. The ladies wore sturdy cool looking dresses with no gloves. She smiled liking the idea of being comfortable.

The people seemed friendly and most smiled politely a few waved but none stopped them to talk, and a few just down right stared at them. They passed the mercantile and hotel as they walked down the boardwalk Between the buildings Hope could see the creek with lush green grass and several huge shade trees.