Chapter 6

TATE     POV

FAST FORWARD TO THEIR ARIVAL AT THE OTHER KINGDOM.

"Shadow, I see you put on the dress." I smirk. It was a long flowing black dress.

"Don't even talk about it." She says with attitude and a tone of humor, then I catch some sweetness in her voice, "It's only one night right?" Such a peculiar sentence for her to be sweet.

"Right, we need to get back to the kingdom as fast as possible." I reply. Shadow smiles and walks through the entrance, in which we follow her.

"The King has requested us?" Shadow says gesturing to us.

"Yes." The guard replies. We all walk through the gates as the guard leads us to the castle.

"The King is right in there, go on ahead." Shadow leads the way and we all sit down at the long table. Years ago the King lost his wife to an assassin so Shadow sits on the other end of the table.

"So." The King says evilly, I don't like the looks of this guy.

"Yes?" Shadow asks, she's so formal.

The servants bring food to the table. "Let's eat!" He yells.

None of us object. Why did he want us here? But I decide to ask him after dinner, giving him time to tell us on his own.

"My King. Is there a reason we were summoned?" Shadow asks.

"Yes, but I will get to that later, for now eat, and call me my name which is 'Mark'." She nods and continues eating.

"Why wait to tell us?" I ask Mark. He looks at me and frowns, dropping his fork.

"Because that does not worry us yet. Now eat and relax!" He yells the last sentence and it makes me shake.

Author's Note
I know this is short I just have to get to the next chapter so sorry that it is short:(