Chapter 4

LILY POV

She seems nice, Shadow.

But she always seems to have something on her mind, or someone... I start to eat the soup and I growl out loud. "Sorry, umm. It's a family issue." Say quietly to her.

"Oh, no more explanation needed I understand." She replies. She doesn't she never will.

SHE IS NOT A WEREWOLF FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!

I am. But I must not let her know or she might send me back to the dungeon.

I finish my soup and pass the bowl to Shadow. "Thank you. But I need to get some rest." I said.

She nods understanding, "Ok, come on." And we walk down some stairs, she goes to a closet and looks. A minute or so later she is holding one sheet, one comforter and a old mattress. "Will this work?" She asks me an I nod my head, "good." She replies and walks down the hall.

"Since the dragon is here we will have to stay somewhere down here." Then she walks into a room. There is one bed, so she sets the mattress on the floor. She puts the sheets on first then the comforter. "Let me help you up." She says.

"The bed is on the ground I don't need help." I say pointing at the bed she had made.

"No! Silly, you're not sleeping there!" And she helps me onto the bed.

"I can't sleep on the real bed, you are the queen." I try to convince her.

"This makes me feel at home." She says while laying on the mattress. "A stiff mattress, cold sheets, and a heavy comforter." She laughs. And then she smiles to herself and rolls over.

I close my eyes and try to sleep.

Finally I fall asleep.

In the middle of the night I wake to a sound but I realize it was just thunder outside. It may be the underworld but the storms are even more brutal then above.

Author's Note.
Comment what you think! This will be my main story as of now, so if you read my other stories you may not get an update soon, sorry :(