Handcuffed to Zander

Start from the beginning

The twins had let me search through their sister's closet, who was thankfully studying a state away from their home, leaving me a chance to neatly return it back before she could ever notice. I just really hope nobody else noticed.

Making my way through the crowd full of dancing people, I finally reached the door to the kitchen. Looking consciously around, I made a step to enter but was pushed back by a body, the drink in their hand spilling everywhere, especially on her dress.

"Oh shoot, I'm so sorry!"

The red head seemed surprised as she froze, her drink dripping down her freckled arms. Making a move to help the poor girl, I pushed her and myself inside the kitchen, quickly looking for any source of napkins.

"I'm such a klutz, I'm honestly really sorry."

Finally finding a roll of napkins, I turned quickly around to face the girl.

"It's fine Aria, accidents happen all the time."

My eyebrows shot up at the mention of my name, I didn't know that she knew me. I've never met this girl in my life.

Smiling sheepishly, I swiftly reached out my hand to hand her some napkins, she seemed to pause as she examined my handcuffed hand, but soon shook her head as she gave me a gratitude smile, taking the napkins into her hands to dry herself.

I wasn't going to mention that I found her knowledge of my name weird, I didn't want to make this situation even more awkward than it already was.

After thousands of napkins later, the red head seemed all set as she fixed her sort of damp black dress.

At least it wasn't that noticeable. Oh who was I kidding, red had a big damp circle in the middle of her chest that you could see from a mile away.

I honestly felt terrible.

"Thanks so much for the help."

Swatting her apology away, I quickly informed her that it was no big deal and that I was honestly and truly sorry again.

She had laughed off my guilt as she waved and left, shouting after her,

"see you later!"

I never got her name to see if I knew her at all. It's strange, I always remember everyone who I've met. I guess I honestly forgot about her.

Way to seem like a selfish person Aria, you go.

Finally getting my hands on the drink that's been calling my name, I made my way out the kitchen door, my intentions all set to find Derek.

When I found him, I almost found myself squealing.

Derek's eyes were all set on Sandy as she nervously shifted on her feet, laughing quietly at something he must of said.

The way he looked at her made me glance in awe, my heart squeezing with the idea of having someone look at me that way one day.

They were freaken adorable.

"Holy fuck."

Screeching loudly, I found myself losing my balance at my sudden fright of the unexpected voice. My eyes closed shut as I waited for my butt to hit the floor.

But it never did.

"It's okay, I got you."

Inhaling sharply as the familiar musky cologne wafted into my nose, I couldn't help but slowly open my eyes.

Dark hazel eyes stared at me back.

My hold on his bicep tightened as he straighten me back into a standing position, his eyes wandering down my flustered self.

"I thought Aria Evans didn't like parties?"

The ever so famous smirk he portrayed made me snap out of my daze state as I quickly found myself stepping back away from him.

"Yeah, I didn't have a choice."

"And yet we always find ourselves in one."

The amusement in his voice made my eyes narrow as I dusted off the imaginary dirt off my dress, finding any excuse not to look in those dark eyes.

"I assume the attire wasn't your choice either?"

Finally meeting his eyes, my eyes widened, my arms crossing to control the self conscious that was screaming at me to run away.

"Why do you say that?"

His smirk widened and my thoughts ran with worry.

"Because you're squirming in that tight little dress as if there were fire ants under it."

Frowning, I tugged once again at my dress. I knew I shouldn't have worn this, I probably look ridiculous.

It seemed he saw my discomfort as he quickly pulled me towards his tall figure, his breath fanning my neck as my breath hitch at the unexpected action.

"Don't worry princess, you look fucken amazing."

Finding no words coming out, I found myself in a daze as he released me, a curious look on his face as he probably wondered why I was frozen.

"Yo Zander!"

He looked towards the source of the voice as he soon dazzled his freaken brilliant smile, waving at the person before he turned back towards me.

"Save me a dance."

Then he was gone and he left my thoughts running wild again.

What the heck just happened?

"Aria over here!"

Turning around at the mention of my name, my eyes found Derek who was munching quite noisily on some chips, a bright face Sandy next to him, glancing at him with admiration.

He was waving me towards them, a table full of cups filled with beer in front of them.

"Come here, we need another player."

Making my way to them I decided to actually have fun tonight, the thought of actually looking nice creeping in my mind, washing out all my insecurities away.

Who knew his words affected me so much. All I knew is that I actually liked it and I was going to use that to my advantage.

Even if it was just for tonight.