Handcuffed to Zander

Chapter 21: Princess

Song Chapter: Never be Your Man by Tom Lark

Aria Evans

Lunch rolled in and I found myself boringly playing with the celery our school's lunch provided today.

I stopped focusing my attention on the boys and started looking around the lunch room.

I really needed to get some girl friends.

Being "one of the guys" leading people to think I was a straight up lesbian was tiring.

Maybe distancing myself away from the guys really would be a good choice for me.

"Hey princess."

Shooting my glance forward, I found a frowning Zander, holding our fake baby.

He hastily dumped the baby's bag on the table, almost scaring me half to death, and held the baby out towards me.

Knowing it was my turn to take care of the doll, I almost cringed, taking it in my arms.

Examining the baby's details on it's face, I shivered from how realistic it looked.

Dolls and I just don't click. I'm absolutely terrified of them.

"Try not to kill him."

I stared at him in bewilderment, mentally laughing in my head.

He did know that it wasn't real right? That it was physically impossible for me to kill it, right?

Remembering my plan on distancing myself, I merely nodded. Finding it so hard not to tell him just how stupid he sounded.

"Okay."

He seemed surprised by my lack of retaliation but had simply shrugged it off, leaving withought so much as a goodbye.

Humphing, I decided it was for the best. Thinking that he was only making my distancing plan easier for me.

But I couldn't help but feel a pang in my chest for thinking about that damn kiss we shared.

That kiss that he had easily forgotten but was still carved in my mind.

Sighing, I got up to dump my tray, picking up the baby's bag along with my backpack, not forgetting the baby this time.

Deciding to go to my locker before class, I left the cafeteria, happy to go unnoticed by the guys who were too busy talking about their baseball game next week.