Chapter Fourteen: Arrival at the Valley of Death!

( A/N I'm sure this is getting annoying, but I'm just so greatful. The amounts of reads I've gotten in way more than I could have hoped for. S/O to my new readers Stein_death_soul and MelissaEveritt! ChildofMyth and SageofThorns97 you know I couldn't have asked for better friends. Enough chitchat, story time!!)

Chapter Fourteen: Arrival at the Valley of Death!

"Never stop just because you feel defeated. The journey to the other side is attainable only after great suffering."
-Santosh Kalwar"

It had been a long two days. Though in those days, Sakura Haruno remembered just why she had loved Sasuke all that long ago, and realized she had loved him this whole time. The way his arrogant confidence was running on low, annoyed how much Sakura had to stop and heal his past wounds. The way he smirked, and the way those Icy empty midnight eyes sparkled again every time he laughed. The way they had hardly slept, not because they were restless; but stayed up talking about anything and everything. The stories they had told about what they'd done in the past two years apart. The way she had seen the boy from her childhood was indeed still there, only wearing a mask that he had only taken off when they were together alone.

Mask's... Their time together was coming closer and closer to an end with every step each had taken. At this rate, in the next few hours was time for a showdown. Though the two hadn't spoken a word about it. Both had a mutual understanding, after they'd kill the masked man, it would be time to go separate ways. Sakura would go back to working long days at the hospital, spending time with the girls, and learning more and more from Tsunade-sama. It's funny.. Even when surrounded by all her friends and loved ones; she had always felt alone. Now, with only one ghost from the past, she had never felt so complete. As Sakura would go back to her life, so would Sasuke. Wandering about, trying to become stronger and stronger, walking the path of darkness; one he had always walked alone. Except he hadn't walked it alone now, he had a companion. And the more they had walked this endless route, he had seen it. Finally, a light to the end of the tunnel; a future together.

This was a false ending though; because in hours, he'd be alone again.. "Hey, Sasuke.. Do you think Jugo and Suigetsu have made it there yet?" Asked the pinkette, who was looking at the ground. The raven shook his head 'no'. "There it is.." The rosette motioned forward, two humungous signature sculptures only dots in the distance. Was this really happening..? Had they already been so close..? "So what's the game plan? We're just going to waltz up and kill him, if he's even there?"

Sasuke's aura soon darkened. "We're? No, just me. I want you to stay out of the way, I don't need you jeopardizing your health. That's the last thing I need to worry about." The kunoichi glared in response. "I don't think you have any clue just how strong I am, and I'm going to show you." Sasuke didn't bother to argue back; his sole worry was getting to Tobi or Madara or whoever he really was.

The Raven had his Kusanagi Katana in hand, ready to send a lightning chakra flow throughout it as soon as they had gotten closer. By now the waterfall's water stream crashing into it's body below was heard perfectly. The avenger's past persona dissipated, replaced by a cold heartless being in it's own. Expressionless and uncaring, all sense's heightened. Not a single sound no matter how great or small went unnoticed as Sasuke observed every detail. Oddly enough, the closer and closer they had gotten, the darker the sky had made itself. Though he had soon actually been taken by surprise.

A gloved hand had held his own that was cuffed. Looking at Sakura, her brow was furrowed and eyes burning with a sense of hatred, biting her bottom lip hard enough to draw blood. The raven only squeezed the small hand back reassuringly as neither one let go, each step taken synced together. Adrenaline taking its toll, intensity like never experienced before; the former team members entered the lion's den. The dark side of the moon. The games arena. The Valley of Death. No more pawns to play, it was time the unguarded King make his move.

Sasuke Uchiha tried not to feel miniature in comparison to the monuments, but it couldn't be helped. "Madara Uchiha show yourself!" What happened next was rather unexpected.

"Sasuke-Kun!" Both the Cherry Blossom and Avenger looked up, as a figure had been standing at the top of the serene waterfall. She had long red unkept hair, glasses, and eyes in perfect tone to her locks. "Karin, where is he?" Asked Sasuke in a dangerous tone. The female straightened her glasses. "He's coming. I had planned to track the team, when Madara told me if I went with him; you would find me. I came with to make the battle more interesting! Madara promised that if I killed that annoying pink headed bitch your attached to, he won't have to kill you!"

'So, I have to fight my relative while Sakura fight's Karin less than three feet away.. Touché Madara.' "Excuse me, whore?!?! I don't even know you other than a few run-ins!!! Let's see you talk smack down here!" The kunoichi yelled back, fist's clenched. 'Isn't she the nurse from Crystaline?'

"Oi, Sasuke! This could have all been avoided if you just let me do as I wanted!" A psycho called in a ridiculous tone he'd often use when known as Tobi. The guest of honor had arrived. Kusanagi Katana now radiating with lightning, Sasuke glaring above with pure distaste and hatred. "Yikes! So we have a battle between relatives of the same bloodline! Did you glare at Itachi like that too? I know of he was still around, your older brother might have been here to protect you from me-- too bad you killed him, eh?" The Avengers blood boiled. "Enough! Get down here and meet your long anticipated death!"

"Hehe, if you insist." The masked man called, as he and Karin had gracefully Leaped from above.