"Attending My Own Funeral"

(MAXIE'S P.O.V)

*CHAPTER ONE*

A white coffin is what I planned to be buried in. Of course that was meant as a joke when I was alive. But my Family and Friends took that quite literal.
My parents had an open casket ceremony to say goodbye to their only child. I felt sick as I watched my 34 yr old Mother cry herself to exhaustion. Behind her my 38 yr old Father cried silently. It shook me. Never have I seen my Father, an ex-Navy Seal, cry this much. I wanted so badly to comfort them. To apologize for my stupidity. But there was nothing I could do except watch as my family and friends fell apart.

Because I was Dead. And that meant I was a Ghost.

Riding on a Motorcycle at 90 MPH on a 55 mile highway was completely stupid. Especially since the one controlling it was an 18 yr old boy, who was intoxicated.

That little joy ride cost me my life. A totaled bike. And a boy in an induced coma.

All because I went to a party celebrating with friends for becoming a senior alongside them. Now because of my ignorance I am dead, stuck as a ghost.

But this doesn't mean I am giving up. No I am not done living. I am searching for a way to be revived. To live my life and see my parent's once again.

My name is Maxie Lynn James and this is my story.