Chapter 2

Okaaaay~ so I tried posting this in my FB account and surprisingly, this got positive comments.. I decided to continue it and share it here as well.. Yah, am adding this to the growing number of creepypasta fics here.. XD

Enjoy!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Class started and ended like any other day with the students being rowdy and wild before every class then turning silent and tame every time the teacher went inside the room. I listened attentively to class and did only what the teacher told us to do. I never bothered to do anything else since I never had the motivation or the specific goal.

What does having motivation and goals feel, anyway? Is it pure bliss? Horrifying?

Those questions raced in my mind but even so, I couldn’t care less.

How does it feel to even care, anyway?

When lunch came, I grabbed my backpack and went straight to the cafeteria. Upon my entrance, I felt stares directed to me but I didn’t feel bothered by it anyway.

Let them do whatever they want.

I sat on the table that seemed to be made only for me. Yes, only for me since no one would even dare sit with me. Why? I don’t know either. I just sat there, doing nothing. I didn’t feel hungry, nor did I feel thirsty.

I never feel any of those, in the first place. I only eat because my parents tell me to do so. They say it helps me live. They say it’s good for me.

I look around. The students were grouped, as usual with the blondes being with the blondes and other popular girls, the male athletes and popular guys being the jocks, the nerds, the weird people, the rejects and the outcasts, the punks, the rebels, everyone was with everyone except for one exception. Me.

I don’t know why they inch away from me. They won’t even talk to me nor be friends with me. But that didn’t bother me. Nothing did. Nothing in my life ever did bother me. Nothing did, not even once.

I then stared into space.

It’s going to be tomorrow, right? Tomorrow’s going to be my weekly check-ups with our family doctor. If the masses have their check-ups every once or twice a week, I have to have mine weekly. I wonder why my parents even bothered. There was nothing wrong with me. I wasn’t ill, and my body was functioning properly. They just found me an odd child because when my mother gave birth to me, I never did once cry. I never cried even when I was still a toddler and I never once felt anything. No pain, no fear, no hunger, no desires, nothing.

Does that make me weird?

The bell rang signaling that classes were going to resume. I grabbed my backpack and walked to my class. On my way to my class, I saw my brother with his friends in the hallway. I didn’t bother calling out to him much more to talk to him. I don’t see why I have to. Is that an obligation? If so, why would it be one? I knew he saw me since I saw him glance at me. I continued walking straight to my classroom. I knew that my brother didn’t acknowledge me as his sibling in school.

Not that it bothered me, anyway.

When all the afternoon classes ended, I walked straight home alone. But as I walked, I stopped as soon as I felt something in my chest. A strange feeling that made me cringes.

What’s this? What’s happening to me?

It was odd. I never felt something like this before. It was as if my chest was being clawed and torn from the inside – not that I know how it that feels anyway since I only read those in books.

I arrived at our doorstep after an hour; half of that hour spent on thinking about what happened to me on my way home and the other half being spent on walking home.

I was greeted by our mother with a warm smile as soon as I entered the house.

“Welcome home, Calliope,” she says.

Oh, right. Home, this is where I am. Calliope’s my name and she’s my mother. She was greeting me and it was common courtesy in the world to greet her back.

“I’m back,” I reply before walking past her to my room. I felt my pocket for my room key then opening the door before locking it behind me and throwing my backpack across the room and flopping on my bed.

I stared at the ceiling and felt the part on my chest wherein I felt that strange feeling. It wasn’t there anymore but I can’t stop thinking about it. I don’t even know why.

I closed my eyes and eventually drifted to sleep without feeling sleepy.