1.2

arielle

I pulled into my driveway and took the keys out of ignition, but instead of getting out i rested my elbows on the steering wheel and laid my head in my hands.

'what the hell is wrong with this boy?' i thought to myself.

one minute he's crying in my arms, and making me breakfast, and kissing me, but the next he's breaking glasses and screaming at me. honestly what the hell is his issue?

I really gotta keep my distance from this kid. what was I thinking? he's probably got all types of problems I shouldn't be getting myself involved with, a temper like that? sheesh.

leaving my car, i trudged up to my front door and unlocked it, walking inside before shutting it behind me.

I don't think I've ever been happier to be home, since its empty all the time.

you'd think living alone would be a luxury, but not surprisingly it gets lonely. I miss my mother, since I barely see her. even though she's a heinous bitch sometimes. she should be coming home soon anyways, even though I know that won't last for long.

as I climb the steps to my room I feel my phone buzzing in my pocket. hoping it was my mother, only to be let down to see "Sam" displayed across my screen. I declined the call as I entered my room and plopped down on my bed. sleep wasn't an option since my phone wouldn't stop buzzing with texts from Sammy, so I decided to get up and take a shower instead.

I click shuffle play on my Spotify playlist, and and step into the steaming water, water droplets rolling down my hair and onto my back.

'feels so good to scrub that rainwater off' I think to myself, as notice me by pnb rock plays in the background.

'was I a little too harsh on Sam?' I began to think but snapped out of it. fuck no. asshole smashed a cup on his table cause I asked for a glass of fucking orange juice. kid is crazy. I need to stop feeling so bad for people who don't deserve my pity.

that's exactly my problem, I pity people when I know they don't deserve it. can't help the fact that I'm amazing. I think again, mentally shrugging.

after I finishing shampooing and what not, I step out and dry off, getting changed in the sweats I had laid out and wrapping my hair up into my towel.

I should probably reply to Sam before he breaks my damn phone by spamming it with texts. I unlock my phone to see 43 text messages and 2 missed calls from him. jesus fucking christ. I swipe through most of them till one that was sent 10 minutes ago caught my eye. "I'm coming over". shit.

just on time, I hear 3 knocks ring out from my front door down stairs. I huff before jumping out of bed and slumping down the stairs. the knocks turn into bangs as I near my door.

"jesus Sam I hear you don't break down my damn door." I yell loud enough for him to hear.

I unlock and open the door to reveal a frowning Sam, looking down at me with his big brown puppy dog eyes.

"sorry to burst your bubble, but if you came here to find forgiveness you're looking in the wrong place bud." I say glaring up at him.

"I just wanna talk, please." he pleads.

those goddamn eyes are gonna be the death of me.

i sigh and turn around. "lock the door behind you." I say as I take a seat at my kitchen table.

Sam does as told and takes a seat across from me.

"what do you want." I mumble, pulling the towel out of my hair and letting it fall onto the floor.

"I'm sorry for what happened back there, but I can't help it. I never told you this before because I didn't want you to think any less of me," I snort, interrupting him. "little late for that last part pal."

"look, I know you probably hate me, and think I'm some freak, and this shouldn't be an excuse because my behavior towards you was unacceptable, but I just wanted you to know that I have bipolar I disorder. it's the worst case there is. I have pills for it, but I don't like the person they make me when I take them, so I don't. I'm not asking for forgiveness, but if you'll give it I'll take it. I just thought you should know. even though it won't change how you feel about me, and I really am sorry for that." he said, playing with the cloth that was still wrapped around his hand.

i chew on my cheek before standing up and muttering a simple "come here." as I grab his uninjured hand and drag him over to my kitchen sink.

"this could get infected, do you not know what a bandaid is? how'd you even drive? fine. yanno what, doesn't matter, just sit on the counter." I say gesturing to the counter top as I turn on the faucet and grab some antiseptic spray and bandaids from my cabinet.

unwrapping the towelette, I realize he was bleeding worse than I thought.

I reach for a paper towel and run it under the water, then start cleaning up around the wound.

once I finish that, I reach for the antiseptic spray and look up at him.

"this might sting a little." I say, as I spray his wound.

he winces and sucks in his breath as the spray starts to bubble.

"don't be a baby" I joke as I giggle, grabbing the biggest bandaid out of the box I could find.

I finish putting on the bandaid and throw the bloodied cloth in my trash can.

"all fixed." I say dusting off my hands and resting them on my hips.

"what are you, some nurse?" he asks checking out his hand.

"no, it doesn't take that much brains to slap on a bandaid and antiseptic. just common sense." I reply sarcastically.

"does this mean you accept my apology and forgive me?" he questions as he rubs his newly bandaged hand.

"sure, I guess so." I say trying to hide a smirk.

he hops off the counter and engulfs me in a hug, resulting in me getting swarmed in his cologne.

surprised at first I freeze, but then wrap my arms around his torso.

"thank you." he whispers into my slightly damp hair.

"stop being such a teddy bear. what can I say, being a good person is just my thing." I say pulling away and smiling.

he rolls his eyes and mutters an "uh huh" as I pull him up the stairs into my room.

AN; !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. I've missed you all so much. it's late and I'm bored and my insomnia has been keeping me up so I figured why not update, even though it's been like 23829 years. don't expect me to update daily, I've still got so much going on in life, especially with school. but I'll try as hard as I can. love you guys, I'm so incredibly thankful. sorry if this chapter was a bit boring lmao. xoxo, mia.