1.0

Arielle

I woke up and realized I wasn't in my room. As I sat up I felt something slide off me.

Confused, I looked to my side and practically fell on the floor.

There lay a peacefully sleeping Sam. I put my hand on my chest and took a deep breath, after just getting startled to death.

I searched around the room for a clock, and noticed his phone laying face down on his night stand. I carefully picked it up and clicked the home screen button, it showing the time as 2:00 in the morning.

"Shit." I muttered under my breath.

It's Saturday though, thank god it's not a school night.

I slowly reached down on the floor to grab my shoes and my jacket, taking a peek out the window, only to realize it's still pouring like hell.

"Fantastic." I say quietly to myself, again.

Taking one more quick glance at Sam, I tip toe across the floor, managing to soundlessly put on my jacket in the process.

I quickly got out of his room, and down the stairs without making any sound.

I slipped out his front door, into the pouring rain and hammering thunder.

After standing on his porch wondering what was different, I suddenly realized I had left my car keys on his night stand.

As I contemplated knocking again and asking for my keys, the loud creak of an opening door practically scared me to death, for the second time tonight.

"Arielle?" I heard sam call out.

I let out a huff, before turning around and facing him.

Great. Now there's gonna be conversation.

"What are you doing out here, it's freezing out, and raining." He added, looking at me confused.

"My moms probably worried about me, so I figured I should head home." I replied.

Lies.

He knows I came here with my car. Either way, it seems like my mom only has time for work. The light ounce of affection she shows me doesn't cut it.

"Oh." He replies bluntly, disappointment evident on his face.

"Hey, maybe we could hangout out tomorrow or something-"

"No." He cuts me off. "It's fine. You don't have to do that for me." He says turning around, beginning to shut the door.

My shoulders slump as confusion washes over me. What does he mean? I want to hangout with him, surprisingly. It'd be good for him to get his mind off of things.

"Wait, Sam" I say as the door almost shuts.

"Yes?" He asks, opening the door again, a hint of hope in his voice.

"What do you mean I "don't have to do that for you"? I ask.

"Don't pity me, Arielle. I know the only reason you're acting nice is because you feel bad for me. Which makes me feel even more pathetic. So you're not really helping, are you?" He snaps.