2.5

Luke's POV

"645...646...647...here it is, apartment 648." I mumbled to myself, staring at the wooden door in front of me.

I boarded off my flight almost an hour and a half ago. I of course took the time I  had to get Lilah  a bouquet of white roses, which I  know  are her favorite. If Alice's and my plan went right, Lilah should be in the apartment alone. I guess Alice got Lilah's mom to go out with her mom, and her little brother is at a friend's house.

Perfect. I get to be alone with her...to talk of course. I'm not that kinda guy...yet...maybe?  Anyway, if everything goes smoothly, by the end of the night I should be knee deep in kisses and relationship goals...hopefully.

I gather the little courage I have and press my hand to the white painted door. I almost pick it up and knock but hesitate. My hand shakes nervously against the wood and my heart beats out of my chest.

I've never seen Lilah in real life, only in pictures and late night FaceTime calls. She was already so beautiful in those, but in person, I can only imagine how much better she'll look. I smile to myself, thinking of her bright smile and perfect dimples. She's so beautiful in every way, from the way her hair naturally falls down her shoulders to the light freckles that paint over her face.

But what if she doesn't want to see me? What if she hates me? Oh god...she hates me and never wants to see my guts again. I broke her heart. If only she knew I was talking about her the whole time. I wish I had gotten the chance to tell her before this all went south...

Dammit Like, you're over thinking this. You always do. I sigh and run my fingers through my hair, sighing deeply. I stare at the white painted wooden door, the only barrier between Lilah and me. Why does this have to be so fucking hard? Just grow a pair and knock on the damn door already, you pussy!

I lift my hand from the door and knock twice, my heart racing with excitement, fright, and worry. I stand there for a few moments, awkwardly shuffling my feet. Behind the door, I hear a lock click and the sound of a door knob turning.

"Listen whatever you're selling I don-" Lilah stops dead in her sentence, clear surprise on her face as she sees me.

She wore a wore a faded Twenty One Pilots hoodie and a pair black legging, and double french braids (is that what they're called?) in her hair.  She looked tired and her eyes were bloodshot, clearly from crying. I felt like shit for making her feel like that. Or maybe it wasn't from me..I shouldn't be so full of myself and just think that I'm her only problem.

"Hi Li..." I whisper, smiling ever so slightly at her.

The surprise on her face instantly vanishes at my words, replaced with a huge toothy grin. I smile back at her, taking a step forward. I wrap my arms around her waist and hold her close, never wanting to let go. She hugs me back, resting her head against my chest. We stand there for what seems like forever, just holding each other.

"Luke why are you here?" Lilah asks me without moving from our position. Her voice sounded quiet and soft, yet raspy from strain and tired.

"I wanted to see you." I pause, taking a deep breath, "I wanted to tell you a few things in person. Texting isn't really the same, you know?" I let out a faint laugh.

"For starters, I'm so sorry for hurting you. I'm a dick, trust me I know. I don't deserve you in my life, you're too good for me in all honesty. And I also like you, so fucking much. It hurts me not to be able to be around you and hold you when you're sad. You make my bad days so much better. Oh and your fucking giggle...shit man it kills me. I love you so much. All of the guys are tired of hearing me talk and talk and talk about you, I'm surprised they haven't duct taped my mouth shut yet.  I just want you to be mine but I don't want to hurt you.  I know you don't want a boyfriend or anything, but I had to tell you. It was eating me alive... I just want you to know that i I would fucking treat you like a queen. I would never hurt you or cheat. You would be my special girl, my one and only. Just tell me Li, if you want me or not. If you don't, I'll walk out of your life. You can live it and never hear another word from me." I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding, realizing what I just said.

I wait for a few moments, feeling Lilah's chest move against me as she breaths. The silence makes me eager and want to squirm out of my spot, but I stay still. I almost ask Lilah if she's okay, but before I do I hear the words I've been waiting for.

"I'm yours Luke." Lilah says very clearly, no afterthought in her words. She sounded so sure it sent a chill down my spine. 

I pull away and look at her in disbelief, "A-Are you sure?" I ask, a small smile pulling on my lips.

"We'll make it work." She grins and looks up at me, her eyes staring into mine.

A huge smile plasters my lips as I pick her up and press her body against the hallway wall, holding her in my arms. I press my lips softly to her, finding her kissing back right away. The kiss was slow and gentle, yet full of passion. After a few seconds, I pull away, staring into her eyes.

I press my  forehead against her's, a goofy, lovestruck smile on my face. "I love you so fucking much Lilah.." I whisper to her.

"I love you too Lukey." she responds, smiling at me the same way.

And to think, all of this started with a cheesy pickup line.