Chapter 25 - Confrontation

Start from the beginning

I have live in this generation for about three to four years now... I'm happy living here... I have Kakashi and Rin, the kids... yet... I always have an uneasy feeling... a negative feeling... sadness, uneasy... I don't really know why...

I look up at the sky, reminiscing about the past... I was really happy back then, even though war was upon my life the whole time...  

"Mama!!!!"

I look back down and saw Rin running to me. I smile slightly, and jump down, bringing Rin to a hug.

"Mama!! Uncle Yamato made waterfall!!!" Rin exclaimed excitedly.

"really now? that's good" I said, smiling at her.

Kakashi approach us. I look at him and smile slightly.

"when did you come back?" He ask calmly.

"Just awhile ago..." I said.

"I see... why don't you take Rin home first, she's tired" Kakashi said.

"Kakashi... I---" 

"It's okay, we'll talk about it at home" Kakashi smiled with his usual closed-eye smile.

I inwardly sigh. 

I smile back at him.

"Okay..." I answered.

I look down at Rin to see her looking at both of us confuse. I bend down to Rin's height.

"Rin... let's go home first, okay?" I said.

"What about Papa?" Rin ask.

"Papa will come later, okay?" I said.

"Okay!" Rin smiled brightly back at me.

I look back at Kakashi to see him giving me a nod. I smile and nod once and took Rin home.

Third Person's POV

Night came... Rin already fell asleep from all the excitement during the day. Mai sat on top of their house roof and look up the sky.

"You really like to watch the sky don't you?" 

Mai smiled.

"I suppose... the only thing that doesn't really change is the sky. It still looks the same to me don't you think so, Kakashi?" Mai said.

He sat beside Mai.

"I suppose that's true... I heard... what happen today. Thanks to you Asuma didn't die huh?" Kakashi said.

"You heard about the vision didn't you?" Mai ask.

"Yeah... why didn't you tell me?" Kakashi look at Mai, a bit sad.

Mai smile sadly. 

"I... I didn't want to worry you... This visions... they rarely come. You have to understand Kakashi. I can't just ignore this... I am your wife now... And we have a daughter... yes... but that can not change that I was once... one of the leader of this village. I love you both... as much as I love this village..." Mai said.

"Mai..." Kakashi took her hand, rubbing the back of her hand with his thumb.

"I am trapped in between my past and my present. I long to be back at my time. But I love my time here too... Do you understand that, Kakashi? Many things here remind me of the memories I hand back in the days... And I miss them..." Mai said.

"Mai... there is nothing wrong... with remembering the past... there is nothing wrong in wanting to protect this village. There is nothing wrong with loving this village... But one thing that I want you to understand is that... you're not alone. The first hokage has teach us many things... To protect... and to love everyone, village, people... childrens..." Kakashi said.

Mai closed her eyes.

"I may not know the First and even Uchiha Madara... But one thing I do know is that... We could build the place like how it used to be for you. you're not alone in this. The third Hokage, Tsunade-sama, Naruto, Sakura... Rin and I too... We're here. i'm not telling you to forget the past and shoulder every responsibility yourself... I'm saying you should share it... with me... So I carry the burden with you too..." Kakashi said.

Mai nod...

"I'm sorry for keeping it a secret from you" Mai said.

"It's okay... I'm sorry too..." Kakashi said.

They sat down there in silence together... enjoying each other's presence.

Thinking that she really shouldn't keep anything else a secret, She voice out her problem.

"Kakashi..."

"Hmm?"

"During the mission... We encounter this two Akatsuki members... And one of them seem to know me well... but I don't remember him at all..." Mai said.

"Did anyone else know?" Kakashi ask.

"Asuma and Shikamaru..." Mai answered.

"I'm not sure how... but maybe it's from back during your time?" Kakashi said.

"I thought of that too... But I still can't recall anything... That's why... I want to find out..." Mai said.

"You mean..."

"I want to find that man and talk to him" Mai said.

"I understand why you want to... But I want you to go in a team..." Kakashi said.

Mai nod, determined.

"But we have to be careful. They will definitely not just let us go like that after the talk" Kakashi said.

"Right, then... I'll talk to Tsuna tomorrow morning, is that okay?" Mai said.

"Yeah... for now... let's go in... Before Rin wakes up and find us not there" Kakashi said.

Mai smiled a little.

"Okay... let's go" Mai said, standing up, taking Kakashi's hand.

Kakashi too stood up and they proceed to go back in the house.

*******************************************************************************

Hi guys, I'm sorry for not updating frequently. Thank you so much for still reading them. 

And I'm honestly happy and amused at the same time with all the comments in the previous chapters. Saying something like when did they get together, and wishing for more scene with Mai alone. it's really amusing.

Just a little fun fact, Mai and Kakashi got together at around Chapter 6, 7 or so. Somewhere that part. 

Thanks for reading again. Peace guys!

Sasaki_Senna OUT!! ^^