•30•

"You don't develop courage by being happy in your relationships everyday. You develop it by surviving difficult times and challenging adversity." — Epicurus

3 Months Later...

Imer...

"There's the head, hands and feet are just beginning to develop." I hear Dr. Andrews say excitingly, causing Kimberly to laugh in awes. I look down at my phone screen ignoring the both of them. Kimberly is now four moths pregnant and proud of it but I'm not. I really don't think this child is mine and I have reasons to believe that. Kimberly gets around man, and I know I used condoms every time we had sex. My condoms too. I don't trust the females giving me a condom and shit, they might poke holes in it.

"Ok, any questions?" Dr. Andrews questions. I don't say anything, I just stand to my feet and leave out, leaving Kimberly there. I make my way to my car, hearing Kimberly call my name as her heels clack the concrete.

"Imer!" She calls once more, turning me around when she grabs my bicep. I snatch away from her, turning toward her screw face.

"What?"

"So you stay on your phone the whole time when waiting and during our appointments, you don't look at the sonograms of the baby, you don't ask questions or at least try to be interested. Why are you treating your child like this?" She questions.

"Oh my GOD!" I groan, throwing my head back. "You know for this child to be "mine", you're really shoving this shit down my throat but you won't get the early DNA test to prove that this is my responsibility!" I exclaim.

"I told you I don't believe in that test, if you want a DNA test, you wait until the baby is born!" She retorts. I shake my head, walking to my car unlocking it.

"Ok. So that's when I'll see your ass then. When the child is born." I tell her, opening the door.

"Wait what?" She questions confused. I sigh heavily, shaking my head.

"I'm not coming to another fucking appointment, until you give birth. Is that clear? Does your lying slow ass get it now?" I question with furrowed brows of anger. Kimberly scolds me, rolling her tongue around in her mouth. Without a word, she turns on her heel, mumbling worlds inaudible to hearing while switching off to her car. I shake my head, getting in mine cranking it. I pull out making the tires screech, taking off.

I hate to be an ass, but this shit just doesn't add up with Kimberly's pregnancy. And usually when I'm right, I'm right. After a forty-five minute drive, I pull up to the crib seeing Ramel's car in driveway. I haven't seen him since we went out to dinner with the fam in the summer. I know he's probably been working hard to provide for baby Raine who just turned two over the summer.

I enter the house, laughing as I see Ramel rocked on the couch with Raine on his chest snoring. I tap Mel's foot causing him to groan and furrow his eyebrows. He must of had to work late at the factory last night.

"Let him sleep Imer." My mom smiles, taking Raine off his chest. She kisses her cheek, laying her down in the play pin.

"Why can't he go to his own house and sleep?" I grumble, following my mom to the kitchen. She opens the fridge, taking out a energy boost drink.

"He doesn't live at home anymore, him and Jammie got a two bedroom apartment. They've been having some issues though so he came over here with Raine just to get a break from Jammie. The usual basically. You know she pregnant again." My mom laughs. I shake my head.

"Damn. Baby number two? I don't even want one." I mumble, sitting at the island. My mom laughs, sitting a plate of breakfast in front of me. I look down at the cinnamon pancakes with sausage and eggs, grabbing my fork. I say my grace, eating after.