•19•

A Stranger

There is a love I reminisce,
Like a seed
I've never sown.

Or lips that I'm yet to kiss,
and eyes
not met my own.

Hands that wrap around my wrists,
and arms
that feel like home.

I wonder how it is I miss,
these things
I've never known. - Lang Leav, Love & Misadventure

That Same Day...

Imer... 

I pull my shirt over my head, traveling down the steps with Niara right behind me

I pull my shirt over my head, traveling down the steps with Niara right behind me. She spent the night this morning because it was way to early to be sneaking in her residence.

"Good afternoon sleepy heads." My mom chuckles. Niara and I both laugh, making our way to the kitchen. We really did sleep through the whole morning, mostly because last night was crazy. After we went out to dinner, we ended up going to this club. I forgot the name of it, but that shit was lit. Everybody had a good time. When we came home around five this morning, Niara and I headed right upstairs and clunked out. 

"Did you enjoy yourself last night?" My mom questions Niara.

"Yea. Definitely wasn't what I was expecting. I had a blast." She giggles.

"I'm glad you enjoyed yourself. You headed back home?"

"Yea. I'm about to walk to her car now. Her moms worried bout her, so." I sigh, grabbing a green apple out the fruit bowl.

"Alrighty then. It was nice meeting you Niara."

"Same to you Mrs. Gomez." Niara says as we walk to the door. I bite into the apple, opening the door for her. I follow her outside to her Mercedes, squinting my eyes from the scorching sun. It's got to be at least 105° out.

"Damn." I laugh. Niara laughs, opening the door of her car and I get in on the other side. She turns on the air, as I recline the seat back for comfort. I watch as she puts her braids into a bun, biting into my apple again. Last night I caught myself staring even as she slept. When you have a beautiful woman by your side you tend to do that.

"You've been staring at me for the last twenty-four hours." She laughs, drawing her attention to me.

"I can't help it." I smile, biting into the apple again. I lick the juice off my lips, laughing as she stared in a daze.

"Now you staring." I tease.

"Two reasons. One because you making that apple look good, and two you just handsome." I laugh, leaning over the center console as we peck lips.