Here Comes Trouble

After our conversation, Jill decided she wanted to come over, so now I'm waiting for her to get here. I clean off my coffee table of any snack bags left on it from last night. I also go into my fridge and grab a coke as I wait for her to show up. I would have a beer, but I don't trust myself enough to. That's a different story though.

There's a knock at the door and I prance over to it and open it. A fearful gasp escapes my mouth when I see Ben standing before me. I quickly attempt to close the door, but he's much stronger than I am and he pushes the door wide open. "I told you I'd find you myself," he reminds me, slamming the door behind him. "You have to leave. I have a friend coming over," I tell him weakly, avoiding all eye contact. "Is it a guy? Pfft. I wouldn't be surprised since you're such a whore. You cancel your plans—" he begins. "No," I cut him off. He cocks an eyebrow and looks at me angrily, "No?" I clear my throat and stammer, "W-We aren't a couple anymore, and y-you need to leave." I have no idea where this new found confidence is coming from, but it better get him out. Ben opens his mouth, but doesn't say anything. For the first time, he's speechless. There's a knock at the door.

I walk over to get the door, but Ben pushes me out of the way. I stumble back, but I don't fall or run into anything, luckily. He opens the door where Jill stands in the doorway and pushes passed Ben. "Okay, so, tell me what happened between you and—oh. Who's this?" Jill interrupts herself. "He's an old friend," I answer her. "Actually, I'm her boyfriend. I'm Ben," he says, putting his hand out for Jill to shake. Jill looks down at it and ignores him completely, "Anyways, I was thinking that we could go to the mall. That always makes me feel better." Ben glares at me and I say, "Yeah. Let's get going then." Ben scoffs before leaving my apartment, giving me the middle finger.

Once he's gone, Jill asks, "Who the hell is that?! He's a f*cking douche bag." I gulp and say, "He's my ex. I don't know how he found out where I am, but I promise you, it's fine." She furrows her eyebrows together and scoffs, "No, it's not fine. Obviously, he's abusive, and he has no respect for you...and look at you! You're on the verge of crying! You're scared of him! Look, I know that we've only been friends for, like, two days, but I know you deserve better than that." I walk over to my couch and fall into it. Jill walks over to my fridge and asks, "Do you have any beer?" I shake my head and hold up my can of cola, signaling that that's all I have. She grabs a cola and sits down next to me on the couch, placing the cold can on a coaster. "I'm sorry I lashed out at you," she sighs. "It's fine," I squeak, taking another swig at my soda. "If I were you, I would get a restraining order against him. He's obviously not a safe person to be around," she suggests.

I stand up and look out my window. Ben's car pulls out of its spot and speeds away. A sigh of relief escapes my lungs, and I tell Jill, "He cares, but he has trouble showing it. He tries though." I sit back down and look at my phone.

Billie: okay, i told everyone u arent gonna be there today. Wanna go to the movies or something??

Billie: i know ur probably sleeping, buuuut is that a yes??

Billie: plz answer me. Im slowly dying and i might never be able to go to the movies again.

Billie: avenge me...

Billie: but seriously, can u go?

I laugh slightly and look at Jill, who's snooping over my shoulder. I narrow my eyebrows at her and push her shoulder, so she moves away from me. "Say yes!" Jill exclaims. "Let me get this straight. You came over here because you wanted to talk about a revenge plan because Billie is using me, and now, you want me to go out with him?" I ask confusedly. "Yeah..." she trails off. "Really, Jill?! You just told me to—" I rudely get cut off. "Okay, yes, I told you to get revenge, but I changed my mind. C'mon! It'll be fun!" she tries to persuade me. "Why are you changing your mind?" I cock an eyebrow. "Because I'd rather you be with Billie than with Ben—sorry. I shouldn't have said that," she apologizes. "It's fine. I'll think about going, but I'll probably end up staying home and binge watch Netflix," I admit, laughing slightly. I pull out my phone and decide to text Billie.

Me: maybeeee. I might just stay home and watch stuff on Netflix.

Billie: ur such a loner.

Me: believe me, im aware

Billie: can i watch Netflix with u??

Me: idk maybeeee

Billie: just lemme kno ;)

"Just go out with him or let him come here! He was in a relationship with Adrienne for so long and he stayed loyal. He's a good boyfriend!" Jill exclaims. "He just got out of a relationship, Jill. I'm not gonna be used as a rebound," I say sternly. "And you don't have to! Just tell him you don't wanna be a rebound and you're actually looking for a relationship. Too many people get into relationships without knowing what the other person is looking for, so just tell him and ask him what he's looking for," Jill explains. I sigh, "Fine."

A/N: Heyyy beautiful people!!! I hope u are all doing well! Sorry I took soooooo long to update, but first I got Skyrim and kept getting distracted and then my bro had a seizure so it took a while to write this! Thank u guys for putting up with my shit! Please comment and vote if u enjoyed this chapter! Ilyasm! XOXO
-Victoria