Midnight Conversations

Today was a very slow work day. So far, I've only had to replace a few guitar strings and one drum head on Tré's drum set. Every time I've gone inside the recording area, Tré flirts with me in a joking manner, and I can't help but laugh my a** off. Tré is pretty clever, no matter how immature he can be. Anyways, it's reaching five o'clock, meaning I can go home soon. As of now, I'm ordering instrument parts for the band. My office door opens and Mike walks in. "Hey," he says, sitting in the chair across from me. "Hi," I greet him back. "So, Billie and you went out?" he asks, surprisingly not sounding disappointed. "Yeah. Just as friends though," I respond calmly.

"If you don't wanna go out with me that's fine. I mean, we barely even talked outside of the party," Mike laughs softly. "Well, I'd love to hang out with you or something, but I just don't...I just see us being friends rather than the whole boyfriend-girlfriend thingy," I honestly say. "I understand. Do you wanna get a drink with me and the guys? Not as a date or anything. Just so we can all hang out together and you can meet the other people here," he invites me. Do I have any plans? Yes. The new season of American Horror Story is out on Netflix. "I would, but one of my favorite TV shows on Netflix has a new season. Next time for sure though," I reply truly. "I'll hold you to that. Anyways, I better go. Tré will kill me if I don't go now," he says and I give him a small wave.
*Work day over*
I shut down my laptop and grab my things. As I make my way to the parking garage, I run into Jill and we begin to talk about our plans for the night. She's going out with the band and the rest of the staff at the studio. "Oh, okay. Have fun!" I tell her as we reach my Dodge Dart - a 1996 convertible painted a dark blue. "I will!" she says, getting inside her car. Once I'm out of the parking garage, I stop at a red light and see a beautiful, red Dodge Charger next to me. The guy in the car revs his engine, basically saying he wants to race when the light turns green. I nod my head once and rev my engine as well.

We inch closer and closer to the white crosswalk line as we wait for the light to change. As soon as it turns green, my car immediately gets ahead of his. I pull up to the next red light before him, meaning that I win. He pulls up next to me and flips me off, laughing. I wave at him before driving into the parking garage of my apartment with a smile on my face. After I park my car, I go up the stairs leading to my floor. I unlock my door and walk inside, looking around at my "home." The only reason I live in this apartment is because it's the only one I could afford. It's a somewhat nice apartment, but it most definitely isn't my dream home.

I set all of my stuff down and get comfortable on my living room couch, my remote in hand. My phone buzzes and I look at who texted me.

Unknown: hey. It's Billie
Me: hi
Billie: u left me all alone with all of these people!

Me: cry me a riverBillie: y cant u just come to the bar???Me: I have a date with American Horror StoryBillie: oh ok

Me: cry me a river
Billie: y cant u just come to the bar???
Me: I have a date with American Horror Story
Billie: oh ok. U have bigger plans. Nvm loser
Me: omg im so sad
Billie: wait really??? Im sorry! I didn't mean it!
Me: ur waaaaaay too gullible
Billie: f*ck off
Me: lol...ive gotta get on w/my date
Billie: use protection ;D
Me: for f*cks sake