Chapter 17: Don't Worry, Smile for Me

Start from the beginning

"What? I just told her that I would take care of you."

"Idiot, you're an idol of one of the most popular boy groups in Korean pop, it would be hard for you to be around me all the time," Ji Eun clicked her tongue at him in a nagging matter. "Trust me too, Baekhyun, I won't be able to see you for a long while."

A gasp then escaped her as she focused back to her mother. "Oh, I wanted to tell you, eomma. I'm going to continue my dream of being a professional photographer. Baekhyun introduced me to a real professional from Mystic Photo Company two months ago named Lu Haejin and she wants me to be her apprentice. She works for CHEER Magazine, the magazine you loved reading so much before! But anyway, Haejin-unnie is allowing me to go with her to Japan while she works there for a few months for a project. I'll have to take online classes while I'm there too, but I'm willing to do anything. I will work hard! I hope you're proud of me."

Ji Eun felt an arm wrap around her shoulders. "Of course she's proud of you, Ji Eun-ah," Baekhyun murmured to her. "Her and everyone else is."

"Thank you, Baekhyun," she beamed at her boyfriend. She let out a sigh as she peered at her mother's photo. Happy and alive, seeing the photo always struck a chord in her heart. "I miss you so much, eomma, and when I return, I will be an even better person. I'm sorry I couldn't come with appa, but he said he will visit you later, so don't fret! He didn't forget your death anniversary. We'll stay here for a while longer before I have to go back home and pack up the rest of my things for tomorrow."

"Does this give me enough time to tell her about how we first met?" Baekhyun quipped in a teasing tone.

"Oh goodness, she doesn't need to know that."

"What? Does she not know that you cuss like a sailor when you're completely plastered?"

"Um... no?"

"Well, this is a good time as any to let your mother know how we met and then fell for each other."

Ji Eun snorted with laughter, "That's so embarrassing to hear."

Baekhyun reached over and placed his hands on both sides of her head. "Should I cover your ears, then? Your mother needs to be updated on her daughter's life. Don't you think it's weird that I suddenly came out of no where and introduced myself as your boyfriend?"

"Don't you worry, she knows that you're from EXO. My last visit was like right after I went to your concert. I may have ranted a bit."

His hands moved to her cheeks, squishing them to give her an adorable pout. "Aw, my jagi was such a fangirl for me~"

"You weren't my bias, idiot. I was fangirling for EXO as a whole."

"How disappointing." After staring each other down for their silly squabble, they burst out into laughter. Just two ridiculous young adults. This was normal, wasn't it? It wasn't like she was just an ordinary girl who had a struggling past and he was a very well-known idol that millions of girls fawn over.

They were just like any other couple.

Baekhyun's gaze lowered to the girl's still puckered lips.

Lightly glossed, soft, kissable.

Before he could even realize that he was inching forward little by little, a hand smacked onto his anticipating lips. Ji Eun's eyes were wide in bewilderment as she gawked back at him. Baekhyun could literally feel the heat rising on her cheeks. "Um, excuse you, what are you doing?!" she squeaked out in a fluster.

"I think you know what I was about to do," his voice muffled through the girl's fingers.

"Not in front of my mother, asshole." Ji Eun gasped and shot her mother an apologetic glance. "I-I mean... butthole."