Chapter Seven

Beginne am Anfang

What a shitty feeling this was. Camila felt dirty and used. She was just another hook up to Lauren and she really did think for a second that they would pick up where they left off.

"You failed me again." Camila told her coldly as Lauren tried her best to avoid Camila's eyes. "But this time, you did have a choice."

Lauren quickly wiped away a tear.

Camila nodded once. "Goodbye, Lauren." She said as she grabbed her bag and started to walk towards the front of the bus.

Before she could open the door, she felt someone gripping onto her arm and huffed as she turned to Lauren.

"What?" she growled.

Lauren let Camila go and put her hands on her face before bursting into tears.

Camila furrowed her eyebrows in confusion.

How could she go from love to hate to sympathy in a matter of minutes?

Lauren made her go through a whirl of emotions, and she didn't know whether that was healthy or not.

Lauren backed away from Camila and ran a hand through her hair. "I thought you would be enough." She said through her crying.

Camila stared at her, still confused.

"I thought that having you back would take away this...this emptiness. And sadness. And hatred. But it's still here. You didn't fill any good in me and that fucking sucks..." Lauren trailed off before kicking something angrily and groaning in frustration.

Camila felt her heart grow heavy at the confession and stared at Lauren with watery eyes.

Lauren pinched the bridge of her nose before nodding. "So you should go." She whispered. "This is pointless."

Camila shook her head as she walked towards Lauren and pressed her lips against hers. Lauren was surprised by the kiss and pulled away. "What are you doing?"

"Staying."

Lauren furrowed her eyebrows.

Camila kissed Lauren's cheek. "Remember how you found me?" she asked. "I was lost and angry and cynical. I was a fucking mess, Lauren, do you remember that? I didn't see any magic, nothing. Nothing good existed in my mind, but then you came in and slowly brought all that magic back." She said. "So if you can bring magic back into me, then I can do the same. I'm staying. I'll find you again."

Lauren bit her lip. "It's different..."

"It's not different." Camila shook her head. "Do you want to try this or not? Do you want to see if we can work?"

Lauren gulped before nodding slowly.

Camila nodded. "Then come with me to get breakfast. We can start by catching up."

Lauren smiled softly. "Fine." She whispered.

"Okay." Camila said.

The two stayed silent before Lauren spoke up again. "I'm different, you know. I'm not...that Lauren. The old one."

Camila nodded. "I know. We'll find her again."

____________________

Camila drank a sip of her tea and ran a hand through her hair. The silence between her and Lauren was insufferable now; they could barely say a few words without growing quiet again.

"We've been at this diner for about 20 minutes now and we have yet to have an actual conversation." Camila spoke up. "Are we more physical than verbal now?"