Chapter 3

Mr Kim brought the guys over to where we were standing to make the introductions . “ Tori this is Hero, Christian and Xander, guys this is Tori, Mia and Cera,” he simply stated. Mia had pinched my arm so I was rubbing the spot when I realized they had their hands out for a handshake. Nervously reaching my hand out to grasp Hero’s I felt an electrical jolt. My eyes flew to his face to see if he felt the same thing. Looking at me with those eyes made me aware that he had felt it too. Breaking contact quickly and looking away made me feel sad for some reason that I’d think about later.

Along with Mr kim we had Mrs Song for the trip. As we all loaded up into the van Hero chose to sit in the passenger front seat. Christian and Xander chose the very back which left us girls in the middle. Mrs Song drove the second vehicle with our luggage, food and other essentials we’d need. As we were going down the road I’d notice that Hero had his nails painted an odd color. Knowing guys did that these days I was not shocked by the paint. Needing to get a closer look had me leaning up in my seat to ask a question. “ May I see the map please?” sounding calmer then I felt. Reaching for it I deliberately grasped his hand to examine the color. To my surprise it was like nothing I’d seen before. Two colors, dark silver over navy blue. Like it was one color then another and scratched off in a random pattern. “ What type of design do you call this?” I whispered.

Coming closer to me, making my heart flutter he answered. “Shadow Effect.” Dropping his hand suddenly had him raising his eyebrow and looking amused. Using the map to fan myself made him laugh. “ If you want I can show you how it is done sometime,” calmly came from the front seat. Looking around noticing my friends were asleep had me knowing that offer was just for me.

The van stopped half way to refuel so we all got out to stretch our legs. Going to my friends asking them “ Do you want to go in the store with me Mia? Or Cera?” But they declined so I went in alone. Going down the aisle choosing a Life water then turning to go to the counter I bumped into something. Stumbling backwards a hand grabbed for me pulling me towards them. Feeling that jolt I knew who it was right away. Remembering where we were made me pull myself away murmuring “I’m sorry about that.”

After paying for my drink I quickly bolted outside to find my friends. Approaching the van I noticed that Mia looked slightly angry and Cera was giggling. Hmm wonder what that’s all about. I’m sure I’d find out soon enough. Loading back in the van we started off again for our destination. An hour and half later we were pulling into a town realtor parking lot. Mr Kim went in to get the key and directions to the cabin.

Fifteen minutes later a cabin came into view. It was two story with a huge deck, outdoor fire pit and a hot tub. Pulling to a stop Hero opened the door for us. Mia got out first then Hero reached for my hand with his shadow effect nails. Stepping onto the driveway I slipped and he grabbed me around my waist. Sucking in a breath as he pulled me close made me lightheaded. “ Please be careful we wouldn’t want you to get hurt,” he said close to my ear.

Backing up slowly, removing my hands I looked around for my friends. They were walking towards the cabin not waiting for me. Glancing to my left there stood Hero’s friends. They were very handsome but no sparks came from their direction. Calling out to Mia and Cera to wait for me, I hurried to where they stood. Mrs Song came up to us and proceeded to show us our rooms. The girls rooms were on one side of the cabin and the guys on the other.

There was a huge great room and a kitchen off to the side. There seemed to be no TV but there was a stereo. Mia walked up to me and whispered that she may not get along with Christian. “ He and I will not be paired up. So don’t even try it,” she said loudly. On the other hand Cera and Xander seems to be hitting it off. He seemed to be as funny as she is. “ We may have a lot of jokes played on us with those two,” Mia mumbled to me.

“ Mia please try to keep your temper intact for me. This is an important trip for us,” I’d reminded her. We all decided if the trip went well we may qualify for the intern positions. My job was to take Hero and his friends around to different places for snow fun and interpret what they wanted to do. The girls and I went to freshen up and unpack, then went to the great room for our first assignment.

The guys were chatting to each other when we entered. Examining my surroundings my eyes finally landed on Hero and he was staring right back at me. He threw me a wink and my face flamed in a blush. He then told us what he wanted to do first. Going snow tubing was his choice. The girls and I went to put on our new ski gear. Mine was pink, Mia’s blue and Cera’s purple. Out the window there stood Hero in black, Christian in brown and Xander in grey. Meeting them outside we headed off to the ski rental store.

Not knowing how to snow tube I was just going to watch but Hero insisted on showing me how. Cera and Xander paired off together leaving Mia and Christian standing awkwardly off to the side. Mia threw me a pleading look but what could I do. Mouthing I’m sorry we all headed outside to the slopes. We all caught the ski lift excitedly but seeing Mia’s face I knew she was not happy. Jumping off at the top Cera and Xander went first laughing all the way down. Christian and Mia were next, as they were half way down I heard her laugh and felt better. Hero sat on the tube and I sat down in front of him. Reaching for my waist he pulled me towards him. Sitting back we ended up cheek to cheek. “ Hold on tight I wouldn’t want to lose you,” was purred into my ear. Off we went down the mountain smiling all the way. At the bottom we fell over rolling off to the side. Everyone one around us was laughing as we stood up. Hero walked over to me and wipe the snow off my cheek making it feel like a caress.

“Lets all go again,” yelled Xander. “ We can switch partners.” Everyone agreeing except Hero we started for the lifts again.