Leaning against the brick wall near the entrance, Skylar waited patiently for Itachi’s arrival while checking his phone and the time periodically. He was a couple of minutes early so Itachi should be showing up any time. Shoving his phone back in his pocket, a grin spread on his features as he caught sight of the raven haired man he was waiting for. Though, that grin quickly dropped as he soon noticed that Itachi wasn’t alone. In fact, there was a female accompanying him. So much for them having a nice lunch together, alone.

“Sorry to keep you waiting. Skylar, this is my classmate Julie. Julie, this is Skylar.” Itachi gave a soft smile during his introductions. Though, Skylar couldn’t help but feel a little pissed off.

“It’s nice to meet you Skylar.” Julie gave him a slight smile before turning her attention back towards Itachi, outwardly ogling his boyfriend. Granted, she didn’t know he was his boyfriend but still.

“Yeah, whatever.” Skylar grumbled, pushing himself off the wall and walking into the building. He didn’t even have to look back to see that Itachi and that girl followed him, looking around at the different stations of food to see the specials of the day. Grabbing a tray, Skylar quickly got in the line for pizza, wanting nothing more than to get his food and hurry this up.

“You’re mad.” Skylar glanced over his shoulder to see Itachi in line behind him. His eyes momentarily scanned the room, noticing Julie in line on the other side of the room.

“It would have been nice to know you were bringing someone. I got all excited for nothing.” Skylar huffed, muttering the last part.

“I’m sorry. But, as I informed you yesterday, nothing about this is going to be normal. There will usually be someone with us when out in public. Are you sure you still want to do this?” Skylar glanced at Itachi, his blue eyes meeting his black orbs. He understood everything Itachi told him last night about the relationship being a secret and he was fine with that. Though, he couldn’t help wanting to be alone with him and being a little peeved that they couldn’t do that.

“Of course.” Skylar asserted, grabbing a slice of pizza and putting it on his tray. A slight smirk crossed Itachi’s lips as he grabbed his own slice, acknowledging that Skylar still wanted to be with him. Grabbing a coke, Skylar made his way over to the cash register to pay for his food, Itachi and Julie simultaneously meeting up with him.

“Here, let me get that.” Itachi went to pull out his wallet but Skylar stopped him.

“I can pay for my own food. Thank you.” Skylar quickly slapped down his money, not wanting Itachi to pay for him. Itachi just gave him an amused look as he moved out of his way with his tray so they could pay for their meals. And of course Itachi, being the man he is, paid for Julie’s food as well as his own.

“Thank you, Itachi. You’re such a gentleman.” Julie cooed, looking up at Itachi with hearts in her eyes. Skylar had to resist the urge to gag at the sight. Girls were always so over the top.

Walking into the dining area, they all found an unoccupied booth and took a seat. To Skylar’s displeasure, Julie sat herself right beside Itachi in the booth causing Skylar to have to sit across from the two by himself. He glanced at Julie’s try in front of her, nearly scoffing. Of course she’s the type of girl to only get a fucking salad.

“So, Skylar, how did you and Itachi meet? Are you a business major too?” Skylar spared a glance at her as he dipped his pizza in ranch before taking a bite.

“No, I’m a Psych major. We met at a party when I bummed a smoke off of him.”

“I didn’t know you smoked, Itachi.” Itachi spared a glance towards Skylar before turning his attention towards Julie, who was staring at him intently.

“I’m not a regular smoker but I will have one on occasion.”

“They’re bad for you, you know.” She turned towards her barely touched salad, picking through it with her fork.

“I’m aware of that. Though, it’s nice to know you’re concerned about me.” Itachi gave her a dazzling smile, causing a slight blush to dust her cheeks as she tried to act coy to look cute. Something that, Skylar believed, she was failing miserably at.

 “Oh where are my manners?” She quickly snapped out of it as she met eyes with Skylar, realizing that he was still sitting in front of them. “Do you have a girlfriend Skylar?” He noticed Itachi’s gaze shift towards him, a slight smirk crossing his lips already anticipating his answer.

“I prefer dick actually.” Skylar answered matter factually as he finished off the rest of his food. He noticed Julie’s eyes widen slightly, her mouth hanging open as if she was at a loss for words.

“O-Oh. I’m sorry.”

“There’s nothing to be sorry about.” Skylar shrugged his shoulders as he sat back against his seat, taking a swig of his beverage. She glanced over at Itachi, probably judging if he already knew about this bit of information. Though, Itachi showed no signs of disgust or being surprised so she probably figured it wasn’t a secret.

“That’s not what I meant. I wanted to apologize for assuming you were into women.” Skylar quirked his brow as he sized her up. She didn’t appear too bothered by him being gay once she was over the initial shock of it. Though, he doubts she would be that accepting if she knew Itachi’s preference as well.

“It’s alright. You didn’t know, simple as that.” Conversation seemed to fall flat after that, an air of awkwardness falling over them. Though, the silence was soon interrupted by the sound of a cell phone going off.

“Oh, shoot. I need to get going. Thanks again for lunch Itachi. I’ll see you later.”

“You’re more than welcome. We should do it again sometime.” Julie smiled as she quickly scrambled out of the booth, grabbing her bag.

“It was nice to meet you Skylar.” A smile crossed her lips as she looked towards him, gaining a grunt in response. Realizing she wasn’t going to get more than that, she took her leave finally leaving Skylar and Itachi by themselves.

“I thought she’d never leave.” Skylar let out a heavy sigh, noticing most of Julie’s salad still left on her plate. A scowl crossed his features. Did she just expect them to clean up after her? A soft chuckle met Skylar’s ears, bringing him out of his thoughts as he looked over to Itachi.

“I would never have guessed.” Itachi’s smirk widened as Skylar just stuck his tongue out at him in a childish manner.

“Well, could you blame me? She couldn’t have been more obvious with her crush on you.” Skylar grumbled, not too fond with witnessing someone else hit on his boyfriend and not being able to do anything about it. Another low chuckle resonated from Itachi’s throat as he brought his hands together, resting his elbows on the table as his chin on his hands.

“You’re right. Just the thought of someone trying to do that to you drives me wild.” Itachi whispered, huskily, so no one else would be able to hear. A smile crossed Skylar’s lips at the action.

“You should make it up to me then.” Itachi raised an elegant brow, the smirk still prominent on his lips.

“Oh? And how do you propose I do that?”

“How about come to my place, Thursday, bring a movie and maybe a bottle of wine?” Itachi’s smirk widened as he leaned back in his seat, holding Skylar’s blue gaze intently.

“I think I can manage that.” Skylar’s lips split into a grin as he finished off the rest of his coke, noticing Itachi’s eyes trained on his lips at the action. Honestly, he wished he could just climb over this table and kiss the raven senseless. But, since that clearly wasn’t an option, he would just have to wait and make do of their upcoming movie date. Frankly, Skylar could barely wait.