Chapter 4: the disappearance

Chapter 4

I barely knew what to do. I just sat there as the ambulance came, they investigated things and placed my brother in gurney and drive him to the hospital. I tried contacting my parents but the phone was answered by their voice mail.

I was kept in check every minute or so. The doctor came, a physician and a police. They would tell me my current condition when i demanded to know my brothers'. Gosh, why dont they understand a simple question like "is my brother okay?" I mean they all say "he's fine" or "he's doing okay" but i know that they all know i want to see him in person.

Seriously! I was kept waiting in together with the police who investigate the house and asked a lot of questions like

"How did this happen?". "What time did you come home". "Where were you?". "Do you have any suspect on who might have done this?". "Did you see anyone leave or anyone around the neighbourhood that time?". "Did something happen to you or demanded something from you or any family memeber in the past month or year?". And etc...

I'm not a spy, im not a CIA agent. I dont go to Gallagher Academy. I am a simple human being who dont even notice that it was already 8:15 am and is running late for the bus. But something in my mind told me, i knew who did this.

"Ma'am?" The police said, turning my attention back to him. "Um... Sorry, i was spacing out. I never experienced anything like this before, can you leave me for a moment?" I whispered, but he heard me and left.

I walked around the block. Going to the park which wasnt far away, i could even see the light of the police cars, flashing red and blue. The police kept his eyes on me wherever i went. Sometimes i would lean against a tree, walk aimlessly around the place. Until i reached the sycamore tree. I could still feel the drunken mans' breath, his grip on my hands and the memory of what he asked. "Do you know Mary Collins from your school?"

I shivered even when there wasnt any sign of wind. I walked around the tree, feeling its bark.

"Hey" someone said. I turned to the street lights and i saw a boy. Well he's probably 15 or so, his hair dyed purple and he wore clothes like, old clothes. The clothes that people from the past wore, but to be honest. He looked hot in it.

"I heard what happened, um... What's your name again?" He asked. I knew better than to give my name so i said "angelina jolie."

"Im really sorry angie" he said, "it's fine, i mean these things happen, right?" I asked turning my back on him.

"No, it dont" he answered after a while. "What do you mean?" I asked titling my head in his direction, only to find him gone. "These things dont happen to just anyone, they happen..." His voice lingered in the air.

I ran away from that place. It creeps the freaking hell out of me. I turned to the sycamore tree, and believe it or not, i saw different kinds of people. Some were romans, greeks, some were soldiers from war. Others were beggars, orphanage, rich people. They all looked at me, walking away while facing them. Their eyes seemed to glow bright red.

"Madame" a voice said, cold fingers gripped my elbow and i couldnt help but let out a scream.

"It's okay, it's just me" i turned to see the yellow king infront of me. I looked at his eyes, and as if i was put on some kind of spell. I remembered collapsing, well fainting in front of him.

When i woke up, i was in a hospital. I didnt even know why i was there, all i knew was that beside me, a sleeping face of a guy laid on my pillow taking a nap. It was the yellow king's face.

His lips were slightly parted, his eyes were closed and we was mumbling something in his sleep. I leaned a bit closer to hear what he was saying.

"Do you think i will let my guard down over some girl?" He asked. He was awake, and... Grinning! I cant believe it, who did he think he was. "What are you doing here?" I hissed.