Change

Kaneki's POV }

I was surrounded in darkness for so long. I felt I like was floating in a dream. Colors swirled around me but soon disappeared. My eyes slowly twitched open and my sight wasn't quite clear. All I heard was the rhythm of beeping which was the heart monitor. My mind was still so fuzzy but I remembered what had happened.

Your (POV)

"Where is Kaneki?!" You almost screamed towards the nurse. She jumped slightly. "I'm afraid he is still recovering miss (f/n). You can visit him once he is doing better." She smiled. You covered your face with your hand.

'I need to get out of here. I healed to fast. They are probably on to me by now.' You thought worrying. But to your surprise they let you go. You left the hospital but eagerly called the hospital over and over for news of kaneki. Until one day they allowed you to visit him. You were so nervous.

'It's all my fault he ended up in the hospital. It's all my fault rize took interest in him. It's all my fault for everything' you kept telling yourself. So much guilt was storing inside of you. You felt like crying.

'No I can't let him see me cry. I'm stronger than that' you told yourself as you made your way quickly to the hospital. A nurse escorted you to his room. As you walked in you saw him. Black now messy-ish hair and his dull grey eyes. He even looked like he has lost some weight? You suddenly felt anger towards the nurses.

"Have you been feeding him at all?!" You asked trying not to raise your voice.

"Of corse but he hasn't been liking any of the food given to him.." The nurse trailed off.

You made your way closer to your friend and you both made eye contact. He looked down at the hospital bed sheets. You cupped your hand on his cheek.

"I'm so sorry Kaneki." You said tears welling in your e/c eyes. You felt terrible about the accident and now he also knows you are a ghoul.

'Will he still even want to be my friend?' You thought biting your lip.

He reached up with one of his hands and put his hand over yours on his cheek and softly smiled.

"It's not your fault (f/n). Thank you for protecting me. I almost died..." His voice sounded shaky. You smiled back at him though your tears.

"After you get out of here there are some things I want to tell you." You told him your eyes looking away. You decided you were going to explain ghouls to him since he obviously knows about you now. You knew he wouldn't tell anyone and if he did you didn't care. You didn't really care about your own death anyways.

He nodded his colorless cheeks turning a light peach color.

"Why haven't you eaten? You look like your starving to death." Your eyes looked again towards his. Concern was in your voice.

He whispered towards you obviously so
the nurses wouldn't hear.

"All the food here is terrible."

You eyes widened. "Have you told them that?" You asked.

"Kind of." His shoulders slumped.

"What kind of food do you like? I'll get you whatever you want right now." You said quickly.

"I uh like hamburgers." He smiled.

"Alright! I'll be back soon!" And without thinking you have his forehead a little kiss and left the room with both your cheeks burning bright red.