thirty-eight

Jungkook groaned as he fell backwards on to the floor, lying there with his arms over his face. Yoongi glanced over from where he was leaning against the kotatsu, previously watching television, and sighed as he looked at Jungkook.

"You alright?" He asked and Jungkook shook his head as he got back up. Jungkook stared at the books he was using to study for a few seconds before groaning again and slowly falling forwards onto the kotatsu table. He lay there, using the books as an uncomfortable pillow, and sighed again. "What's wrong?"

"I don't think there's any point in studying. I'm just going to fail anyway." Jungkook said as he looked up at Yoongi without moving his head from where it was resting on the table. Yoongi shuffled over so he was sitting next to Jungkook and rested his head against the table next to Jungkook. He stared at Jungkook for a few seconds.

"You're not going to fail." He eventually said, which made Jungkook give him a look of disbelief.

"It's inevitable, hyung. I'm too stupid to pass; I'm going to be stuck in year twelve forever. I'll be fifty and everyone else'll be eighteen."

"I'm pretty sure if you get too old or if you fail too many times they just make you quit. But that won't be a problem." Yoongi gave Jungkook what was hopefully a reassuring smile. "Because you've got Namjoon and me, even though I may not seem it I'm actually pretty smart. And I passed year twelve a couple of years ago."

"I can't remember any of this, I'm not going to be able to remember it." Yoongi reached over and held Jungkook's hand, giving it a small squeeze.

"You'll be alright. Here, I'll help you study. Come on." With a little bit of coaxing, Jungkook got back up and stared down at his study sheets. "Okay, so, what is your worst subject?"

"Maths... And English."

"Well, Namjoon can help you with the English, I'll just help you with Maths. It's not too hard." Yoongi pulled the Maths sheets over towards him and glanced at them. "Okay... How about you just answer these and I'll mark them... And, for added motivation, every one you get right, I'll give you a kiss."

"Woah, really?" Jungkook looked surprisingly hopeful.

"Only on the cheek, of course." A little bit of Jungkook's hopefulness diminished. "Except that question, because it looks kind of hard. You can have a kiss on the lips for that one."

Yoongi sighed as he stared at all the ticks on the sheet of paper. Sure, there were some crosses, but apparently kisses was a good form of motivation for Jungkook.

"I thought you said you were bad at Maths." Jungkook just shrugged and tapped his cheek expectantly. "Fine, I guess a deal's a deal.

"One." Yoongi said as he kissed Jungkook's cheek. A small smile began forming on Jungkook's lips. "Two. Three. Four..."

Soon Yoongi gave up counting out-loud and just kept kissing Jungkook until he'd approximately gotten the right amount. Jungkook had been counting, and he smiled to himself when he realised he got two extra kisses. He didn't say anything though, not wanting Yoongi to take those kisses away from the one on the lips.

"Lips time!" Jungkook said happily when Yoongi stopped kissing his cheeks. He began making kissy noises at Yoongi, which made Yoongi sigh.

As Yoongi began to give Jungkook a small kiss on the lips, Namjoon arrived at the house and entered. He paused at the doorway, seeing the studying and the kissing and put two and two together, and sighed.

"I'm not going to have to do that, am I?" He asked, causing the other two to jump and pull away quickly. Jungkook and Yoongi looked up at Namjoon, and Jungkook smiled.

"No, only Yoongi hyung. Every one I get right, he gives me a kiss."

"And if he passes his exams I'll―"

"We'll get drunk and do it like there's no tomorrow." Yoongi's eyes widened when Jungkook said that and he quickly began to shake his head.

"No, we're only going on a date, remember?"

"And then we'll get drunk and do it like there's no tomorrow."

"Neither of us are doing anything other than eating dinner at a fancy restaurant." Jungkook huffed and pulled out his phone, scrolling through it as he appeared to be sulking.

"Hey hyung," he said after a few moments of silence, "should I change my Facebook relationship to It's complicated? I mean, that's the one you choose when you go out to eat dinner and then do it like there's no tomorrow, right?"

"I think we should start with this English homework." Namjoon said quickly, unable to hide the laughter in his voice as he sat down beside Jungkook. "Before Yoongi kills you."

"Hyung." Jungkook said part-way through the English studying. Yoongi looked down at Jungkook from where he was now lying on the couch. Jungkook smiled at him. "How are you?"

"I'm good, thank you, and you?" Yoongi responded in English. His face showed no sign of the actual pride he was feeling for Jungkook, the sentence wasn't much but Jungkook was getting better.

"I'm an international playboy." Yoongi smiled and rolled his eyes.

"I'm just going to put it out there, Jungkook, I'm not going to date an international playboy." Jungkook left Namjoon at the kotatsu to crouch next to the couch and Yoongi.

"Don't worry, I'll quit my international playboy ways when you go out with me. Now kiss me because I got the questions right." Yoongi rolled over slightly and gave Jungkook a lazy kiss on the cheek.

Namjoon sighed, "I didn't come here to third-wheel a couple who's still at the it's complicated stage..."