prologue

dress up

disclaimer bc i've had some "constructive" feedback previously: all names, including foreign ones, will be formatted the korean way (last name; first name)

pjypepe (8:21am) -
be careful today. it's the first day back and people are triggered bitches. xx

choongjae (8:22am) - read
i will dw. love you hyung xx

"ahem," came the loud cough from the front of the class, students immediately silencing, half out of fear, half out of respect.

okay, three quarters out of fear, one quarter out of respect.

sigh. all out of fear. mr.im was absolutely terrifying.

mr.im breathed in, clapping his hands together once. "welcome to health and human relations. i am mr.im, and this is my class, so you will follow my rules."

many students blanched, scared of the reputation that preceeded mr.im. many had heard the rumours that he was cruel, threatening to string students by their feet in the basement under his classroom, the stairs to which were in the closet behind his desk. if they were true, nobody knew, and nobody exactly wanted to find out.

mr.im continued. "this year, you will explore the ways the body works, including but not limited to: drug education, mental health and illnesses, and sex education." the class giggled nervously. mr.im coughed and the class silenced. "we will have four main outcomes that will contribute a significant amount to your overall mark. do well, and we won't have any problems."

loud laughter suddenly reverbrated throughout the otherwise silent room. twenty-three heads turned to look at the back tables, where a group of three rowdy students were creating a large ruckus. a skinny kid with bright red hair, obviously the ringleader of the group, was the one who had laughed, looking at his phone.

mr.im walked calmy over to the table, many students recoiling or shrinking in fear as he walked past. he cleared his throat when towering over the boy with red hair.

"what's your name, kid?" mr.im asked, his voice eerily level. the kid took this as a good sign, scoffing as he smirked, looking to his other two friends who suddenly looked quite sick.

"bhuwakul kunpimook, sir," he replied, a teasing tone in his voice.

mr.im smiled, but it didn't reach his dark eyes.

"it's mr.im, bhuwakul. mind telling the class what you were texting and ergo laughing about?"

kunpimook's smirk grew wider. his eyes flashed as he glared in the direction of one particular student.

"youngjae's constant need to dress up as a girl, sir."

if you're an old reader, welcome back! you'll notice i've changed a fair bit.

if you're a new reader, welcome to dress up! my name is eomma, but you can also call me fly, and i've been writing for several years. dress up is an old fic from 2016 that i've decided to revitalise and fix up due to some continuity errors and illegal actions (lol).

i'm taking out all the smut, for a start. since writing this book, i discovered that i'm aegosexual and smut makes me really uncomfortable nowadays. plus, teacher x student relationships are highly illegal. the 2jae pairing comes from the consentual, communicated relationship that they will get into after youngjae graduates (but let's be real i'll never get up to writing it lol).

so uhh i hope you enjoy the new and improved version of dress up!

-eomma.

general note: if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. any hateful comments directed to me, my decisions, or anyone who reads this will be swiftly deleted and you will be blocked.