"You're not wrong." I chuckle lowly. "But seriously, what's up?"

Greyson looked into the yard. "Do you think she's mine?"

"Listen man, I'm hopefully cautious." I explain. "I'd suggest you be too."

He shakes his head. "I'm not sure if I can be, she's an amazing kid. Very corrupted in the sense that she's been stripped of child-like innocence, but amazing. Sage smothers her and we don't even know if we have a solid connection with her."

"I'm not happy to say I can't be surprised. Bianca looks like she'd be a terrible mother."

His brows raise in awe. "Interestingly enough, Scarlett thinks otherwise. She always tells us that she's not a bad person but is placed in bad positions."

"That's bullshit, she claimed to kill your child. How can you make something like that into a 'good position'?"

Greyson's face slowly loses expression, it's hard to bring this topic up ever. But when it comes to his feelings I need him to lock that shit up. Protect himself. He's come to far in his life to just to have everything taken from him in an instant.

"You know, if this happened two years ago...I would never have placed myself in this situation." Greyson pushes himself off the balcony. "But Hudson, you can stop worrying. The Greyson from that time and the one now are not the same."

My eyes widen.

"Yes, it will hurt like a bitch...knowing that I will never meet my child." He stares down onto the ground, then looks up. "But I did meet Sage and no one can take that from me."

I couldn't help but smile. "You're fucking whipped."

"Fuck you."

I scoff. "I'm not sure Sage would approve of that, I mean a child is a lot. Imagine a secret relationship between us? It would literally send her bouncing off the walls. Not to mention my street cred and what not."

"You're not wrong." He chuckles, then walks back into the home but before closing the door he looks back at me. "You know if this really is my kid, I'm going to need her Godfather to interact with her."

Godfather

Well I'll be damned, that has a nice ring to it.

→←

"Sherbet." Scarlett answers.

I raise my brows. "That's new, usually when I ask a kid that the answer is usually chocolate."

"Well I'm not your average child." Shen grins.

This has to be Greyson's kid, with that know-it-all attitude. "Slow your roll, kid, you may not like the common choice of ice cream but you still like ice cream. Which is an average child-like thing."

"Touche." She responds.

"Master Blackstone, the test results have arrived." Greenwich, the favored Blackstone butler informs us all.

I watch as Greyson stills and immediately Sage drops her phone and grabs his hand.

Scarlett looks more anxious than us all and I'm not surprised. This poor girl has no knowledge of her father and is eagerly searching. Her mother is frivolous and lacks honesty, whatever hope Scarlett has for this will be stripped if this doesn't work out. And right now she needs a win after all those loses.

"Thank you, Greenwich." Greyson stands up.

Sage does too. "I'll come with."

The two left the room, I'd join them but Scarlett gave me the impression she didn't want to be alone. Her apprehension was strong enough to knock a grown man out.