Chapter 8

Connies P.O.V

I slept again at Stevens house.. My moms been calling and I haven't picked up.. I'm sick.. I'm physically and mentally sick.

I sneezed once again before cuddling Stevens gem.. I sighed.. I closed my eyes.. Going back to a flash back of me and Steven..

"I don't know what will happen in the future..
But if something dangerous comes along..
I don't want to be a burden
I want to help!
I want to be there for Steven!
To fight by his side!
The Earth is my home too..
Can't I help Protect it?"

I silently cried.. I felt the warmth of Stevens Gem beginning to stir.. I sat up. I held his gem in my hands. I began remember every fight I had with Steven, every argument or inspirational speech..

"Steven! Steven? Are you in Trouble? Is something wrong? Did I do something wrong?.."

"Say it to my face! Say you don't want to be friends anymore! If you can do that- I you can do that I'll leave you alone.. And I'll just go back to having no friends. But I won't believe till you say it to my face!"

"I want to Steven.. I want to be apart of your universe.."

"With my short existence, I can make a difference. I can be there for him, I can be his knight!"

"I'll do it for him!"

"Steven.. I'm doing this for you!"

"I need to be able to protect you!"

I said all Of this with my eyes closed. But something stopped me when I got to my last flash back..

"if Your protecting me.. Who protecting you?.." I opened my eyes to see Him raising his eye brow at me..

"STEVEN!" I screamed throwing myself on him. He wasn't fake. He was real.. He was the real Steven!

"Ok Connie.. I need you to go back now.." Steven says pulling away from me..

"Go back?.. What do you mean?.. I'm not going home! I just got you back!"

"Connie.. Your in a coma.. Your almost about to die.. Connie this.. This isn't real. I'm not real Connie. But I'm real when you wake up.. Connie.. Your about to die and my healing spit can't help you.. Your human.. Connie you almost died in battle not me.. Connie please wake up from this fantasy and come back to me.. Please.."

"What?.. N-no.. I cried for you.. I sung to you.. I went in day and night.. This is real.. I'm not dead or in a coma.. you died.. And now your back Steven.. Steven I was hurting for you..."

"Connie.. I was retreating in my gem. I was poof. However you were stabbed Connie. Before I retreated I replayed the image and manage to come back real quick. The last thing you saw was me being poof. You went into a coma and created this world.. This fake world.. Connie.. Wake up or stay.. But I can't stay with you Connie.. I have to protect Earth.. I want to fight for you but this is your battle Connie.."

"Connie.. You were the broken Gem. Not me.."
I nodded.. I slowly started to close my eye..

"And Connie..?.." Steven whispered...

.... I love you.."